Hardcore Sledder banner

Sidewinder stock dyno results and muffler options

18K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  2fastxcr 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll be posting some graphs and spread sheets with the results in the morning. here is a quick overview-
Stock 200.6HP @ 8750 RPM @ 10.0psi
Bikeman Full Velocity 225HP @ 8900 @ 11.5 PSI overboost is created by more efficient flow and is sustainable with in stock ECU programming.
Bikeman Powder Lite 230HP @ 8900 @ 11.5 PSI overboost is created by more efficient flow and is sustainable with in stock ECU programming.
Above 9000 RPM the Factory program does lean out, to run without a program you must clutch for 8800-8900 RPM Tune is recommended.
we will be releasing ECU options shortly as well!

Update***
I have been spending a lot of time on this new platform and it is looking great. There are limiters deep in the ECU that prevent going over 13.4 PSI but with some hard digging we easily bypassed those. There is more to be had than what we have here but I figured you all would like to see a preview of what we have coming.this is what our power levels will be approximately

Stock muffler - 210@11psi 220@12.1psi 230@13.2psi

Mufflers 91octane tunes go like this 230@11psi 240@12.2 250@13.4psi 260@14.5psi

Muffler + 100 octane 270@16.5psi

Muffler + 110 octane 285@ 18psi

Muffler + VP C16 320+@22PSI

I am working with Patrick at Swedish Mountain Products to do some field testing because they currently have snow.

We always measure Horsepower at the engine when developing Tunes because its the only accurate way to eliminate all the other variables.

We will also have cold air intakes, charge tubes and intercoolers soon!

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be posting some graphs and spread sheets with the results in the morning. here is a quick overview-
Stock 200.6HP @ 8750 RPM
Bikeman Full Velocity 225HP @ 8900
Bikeman Powder Lite 230HP @ 8900
we will be releasing ECU options shortly as well!
Just picked up my sidewinder and ready for some upgrades. Wow.... a 30 HP exhaust muffler. SOUNDS MAGICAL. Lets see some pictures. And what options will you guys have for ECU tuning?

#11 · (Edited)
Plus it up the boost a few psi. 30 hp has been seen many times on this new motor from a muffler swap. But its looking like you need to flash the ecu after a muffler swap running a little lean.........
You can see on the dyno sheets I posted they do lean out above 9k, the mufflers should be fine if you clutch for 8800-8900. Our tune will fix all of it I have a 230, 240, 250 and 260 pump gas tune right now. I'll post videos and sheets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#13 ·
He posted the dyno sheets , BMP , D&D, and speedwerx have all had similar findings/gains in just changing the muffler , and you're still in denial?

Dyno to dyno the hp numbers will vary as no two dynos will read the same but if bmp has xxx baseline then shows xxx for gains and you look at the other three and their gains are in a similar range it'd lead me to believe their is truth to it.

#21 ·
Hey SJ,, are you sure it is an UNITENDED CONSEQUENCE . LOL
The shady guys all seem to publish that spike, to of course show bigger gains, to sell product. I,ve never seen anyone publish a disclaimer stating what you may actually see and feel while trail riding may be much less than what the graph shows for a 5 second burst.

#26 ·
I posted a video showing what the power does on a longer pull at rpm.... I hope you aren't referring to me as being shady. We are one of the most transparent companies out there and I take pride in releasing good info that people like to see.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#22 ·
well...all i can say...for some that 5 seconds is all it takes ;)

its kinda the opposite of the peak power where sometimes it spikes to that peak for a second and really isnt usable...

I think those 5 seconds (if it is that exactly) is very usable....for trail riding and racing...but obviously not for the Can guys doing top speed running...

either way...tunes will be the best...we all know this..

#23 ·
well...all i can say...for some that 5 seconds is all it takes ;)

its kinda the opposite of the peak power where sometimes it spikes to that peak for a second and really isnt usable...

I think those 5 seconds (if it is that exactly) is very usable....for trail riding and racing...but obviously not for the Can guys doing top speed running...

either way...tunes will be the best...we all know this..
I highly doubt that it takes the ECU 5 seconds to realize that it is over boosting...... lol it sounds like you are behind building a 10 hp muffler and claiming it makes 30 hp.

#25 ·
yep...you caught me...Im all in on the mufflers...duh..

seriously...its a xx hp muffler at peak with a midrange of the xx hp...you guys would think of nothing if it was the other way around ( all peak)...and...

once you ad a tune...its for real bottom to top

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.