Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be posting some graphs and spread sheets with the results in the morning. here is a quick overview-
Stock 200.6HP @ 8750 RPM @ 10.0psi
Bikeman Full Velocity 225HP @ 8900 @ 11.5 PSI overboost is created by more efficient flow and is sustainable with in stock ECU programming.
Bikeman Powder Lite 230HP @ 8900 @ 11.5 PSI overboost is created by more efficient flow and is sustainable with in stock ECU programming.
Above 9000 RPM the Factory program does lean out, to run without a program you must clutch for 8800-8900 RPM Tune is recommended.
we will be releasing ECU options shortly as well!

Update***
I have been spending a lot of time on this new platform and it is looking great. There are limiters deep in the ECU that prevent going over 13.4 PSI but with some hard digging we easily bypassed those. There is more to be had than what we have here but I figured you all would like to see a preview of what we have coming.this is what our power levels will be approximately

Stock muffler - [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Mufflers 91octane tunes go like this [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Muffler + 100 octane [email protected]

Muffler + 110 octane [email protected] 18psi

Muffler + VP C16 [email protected]

I am working with Patrick at Swedish Mountain Products to do some field testing because they currently have snow.

We always measure Horsepower at the engine when developing Tunes because its the only accurate way to eliminate all the other variables.

We will also have cold air intakes, charge tubes and intercoolers soon!

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be posting some graphs and spread sheets with the results in the morning. here is a quick overview-
Stock 200.6HP @ 8750 RPM
Bikeman Full Velocity 225HP @ 8900
Bikeman Powder Lite 230HP @ 8900
we will be releasing ECU options shortly as well!
Just picked up my sidewinder and ready for some upgrades. Wow.... a 30 HP exhaust muffler. SOUNDS MAGICAL. Lets see some pictures. And what options will you guys have for ECU tuning?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
There's other companies outside of bikeman seeing the same gains from exhaust changes - it seems the stock muffler is really choked up.

Looking forward to what you came up with Joey!

·
Registered
108 Posts
30 HP is not going to happen by just changing muffler. That's a good sales pitch.
Remember that the outlet manifold is built into the muffler so that makes a big difference as well. These sleds really are choked up from the factory.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Plus it up the boost a few psi. 30 hp has been seen many times on this new motor from a muffler swap. But its looking like you need to flash the ecu after a muffler swap running a little lean.........

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Are you guys recommending a tune with the new exhaust? Are you seeing the A/F leaning out to an unsafe level with the can?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Are you guys recommending a tune with the new exhaust? Are you seeing the A/F leaning out to an unsafe level with the can?
Plus it up the boost a few psi. 30 hp has been seen many times on this new motor from a muffler swap. But its looking like you need to flash the ecu after a muffler swap running a little lean.........
You can see on the dyno sheets I posted they do lean out above 9k, the mufflers should be fine if you clutch for 8800-8900. Our tune will fix all of it I have a 230, 240, 250 and 260 pump gas tune right now. I'll post videos and sheets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I got some swamp land in Florida I'll sell you with lot's of snow.
He posted the dyno sheets , BMP , D&D, and speedwerx have all had similar findings/gains in just changing the muffler , and you're still in denial?

Dyno to dyno the hp numbers will vary as no two dynos will read the same but if bmp has xxx baseline then shows xxx for gains and you look at the other three and their gains are in a similar range it'd lead me to believe their is truth to it.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
He posted the dyno sheets , BMP , D&D, and speedwerx have all had similar findings/gains in just changing the muffler , and you're still in denial?

Dyno to dyno the hp numbers will vary as no two dynos will read the same but if bmp has xxx baseline then shows xxx for gains and you look at the other three and their gains are in a similar range it'd lead me to believe their is truth to it.
Its smoke and mirrors , look at the boost numbers to gain 30hp. Its coming from additional boost which may show power on the dyno in short pulls. The ECU corrects for overboost after a certain amount of time. Its complete garbage for companies to try and sell these power gains without disclosure of what the actual results will be without a tune.

Evo showed that an exhaust will gain about 12hp or so. That is all you can expect in the field

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
the power they claim (on over boost is there) just gets corrected by eco after a few seconds...so its not a lasting power? its a peaky power...and yet it makes the power..

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Its smoke and mirrors , look at the boost numbers to gain 30hp. Its coming from additional boost which may show power on the dyno in short pulls. The ECU corrects for overboost after a certain amount of time. Its complete garbage for companies to try and sell these power gains without disclosure of what the actual results will be without a tune.

Evo showed that an exhaust will gain about 12hp or so. That is all you can expect in the field
I'm no four stroke turbo expert by any means nor do I claim to be, just trying to read on the cat 4 stroke pages and gain some knowledge - but I thought I read that a free flowing exhaust will actually increase boost #s without touching a tune, is that incorrect?

As far as a stock tune running an exhaust , One of the before mentioned companies was running it on their dyno this summer while I was around and all that was changed the entire time they were running it was the exhaust itself. Nothing more and they saw 20hp gains. I couldn't tell you how long it was held wot but it was held there for awhile before coming down. I watched as they swapped exhausts and continued testing. If I hadn't saw it with my own eyes I would be skeptical too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm no four stroke turbo expert by any means nor do I claim to be, just trying to read on the cat 4 stroke pages and gain some knowledge - but I thought I read that a free flowing exhaust will actually increase boost #s without touching a tune, is that incorrect?

As far as a stock tune running an exhaust , One of the before mentioned companies was running it on their dyno this summer while I was around and all that was changed the entire time they were running it was the exhaust itself. Nothing more and they saw 20hp gains. I couldn't tell you how long it was held wot but it was held there for awhile before coming down. I watched as they swapped exhausts and continued testing. If I hadn't saw it with my own eyes I would be skeptical too.
From what I understand is that there is no exhaust for a sidewinder that will raise/gain boost levels or gain 20-30 hp. Tuning is highly needed to make power unless you are happy with the "Gimmick" of a 30hp muffler. Save your money and spend it with a honest company.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts

All I know some of these Company's are pulling some shitty stuff, there is no way there can be that much difference in HP. there not telling the whole story, if you read all the posts you will see what I mean, any where from 12HP to 40HP really. One Company say it adjusts boost very quickly next one shows that it does not. I am very skeptical at this point. hope it all gets work out.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
All I know some of these Company's are pulling some shitty stuff, there is no way there can be that much difference in HP. there not telling the whole story, if you read all the posts you will see what I mean, any where from 12HP to 40HP really. One Company say it adjusts boost very quickly next one shows that it does not. I am very skeptical at this point. hope it all gets work out.
from what im seeing...the reason you see the difference...one is far freer flowing (which causes the overboost) compared to another which is only slightly more free flowing....

the boost increase (over boost) is where much of the bigger gains are coming from and that is skewed , yes , since its an unintended consequence...and temporary until the ecu makes the adjustments and comes back down..

still this is usable power....but not ideal like a tune would provide..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts