Hardcore Sledder banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Love it! Looks really cool but you need to clean your windows now. Lol Sounds very nice and when someone meets you they are going wonder what the hell they just met. Have fun and enjoy all your hard work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just today I thought about this and wondered how progress was going and if you had snow to test. Low and behold I log on and my questions were answered.
I like it!
If this was answered before I apologize but is it trail legal? I wouldn't see why not unless it's to wide but it doesn't look it.

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
858 Posts
Some states have an overall width rule. You would not want to come up on a 65" wide sled on a narrow trail (Groomers are an obvious exception).

·
Registered
584 Posts
I really like it. Can't see why a major sled manufacturer could not build them and market them. Never thought spyders would sell but they do.
Trail width is the biggest concern. I know the Michigan Snowmobile Assoc was pushing for a max width law. Also, if it breaks down on the trail another sled won't be able to pull it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Looks and sounds pretty sweet!!! Great job!!! If you are looking for more traction, studding the track with these backers will give you quite a bit more traction both on and off trail.

I’ll keep that in mind when I replace the track next season. What is a set of those worth ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Just today I thought about this and wondered how progress was going and if you had snow to test. Low and behold I log on and my questions were answered.
I like it!
If this was answered before I apologize but is it trail legal? I wouldn't see why not unless it's to wide but it doesn't look it.

Thanks! I don’t believe it would be trail legal due to the width, but hey, side by sides finally got the node on ATV trails after a couple years lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Some states have an overall width rule. You would not want to come up on a 65" wide sled on a narrow trail (Groomers are an obvious exception).

Makes sense, not sure what the laws here in Ontario say. Built for the purpose of getting to an off grid cottage that is on a snowmobile trail and ice fishing. I’m hoping they don’t hassle me on the lake. If it was trail ridden it would have to stay to main trunk trails.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Very cool. How does it go if you try starting from stopped in that much snow? The rooster tail at the back looks like a boat. Lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Very cool. How does it go if you try starting from stopped in that much snow? The rooster tail at the back looks like a boat. Lol
Sorry Boom2, I never noticed the comment. Yes it kicks up some snow from a dead start, I should have mounted the tail lights higher, in the slushy stuff they get covered pretty quickly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Hi Guys,
‘Tis the season I guess. Everyone is brushing off the sleds and getting ready for the fun. I decided to unbury the buggy and do some rework on a couple things, learning from last season. Today I disconnected the heater lines and rerouted to suit the removal. The heater wasn’t doing much on the defrost end, and I find just being out of the wind, and dressing warm but not bulky does th trick and the heater isn’t needed. They sell little 12V defrost units on amazon that are only 150W (aux unit), also Maybe a roof vent to relieve the humidity in the cab on the cold days/nights. I’m open to realistic suggestions on how to deal with keeping the window clear lol.

853D08E4-C50D-42EC-8869-D0CB85AE0CA5.jpg

C886738D-FCD3-4198-BC3E-CFB1DEE2D9D9.jpg

094E183F-27B2-403C-8AF2-24D47061EFF4.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Roof vent is a great idea. But to keep the inside of the windshield clear I'd add maybe some vents under the bottom of the windshield. With the roof vent in the right spot and the windshield vents open you can create a cold air flow up the inside of the windshield. Of course both vents should be controlled by maybe a slider or something. Nice to see it again.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts