Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
That is very sick. unreal!!! people are going to kill them selfs on that dam thing. I would still buy it though. Did they say what the HP was on that thing???? :huh: :wub:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think they posted hp, but 238 lbs? 700cc, 2 stroke? that thing must rip the power to weight raito is rediculous

·
Registered
284 Posts
Whats it called, the D.E.A.T.H. 700? :huh: I bet it's running atleast 75 hp...

·
Registered
70 Posts
guaranteed that thing pushes at least 90 hp cuz a cr500 has 68 stock. A 250 is all anyone would ever need anyways, Carmacheal couldnt ride anything larger than his 250 around the track any faster anyways.

·
Registered
168 Posts
whats so sick about it, Have you every seen the pros bikes like Carmichals there way more sick

·
Registered
70 Posts
carmachael has a little advantage though because his bike has 3-4 more hp than the others, he is the only one to start in 3rd gear because of this. His bike makes 67-68 hp while most others push around 60.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That thing is MASSIVE!! Probably only needs a 3 speed tranny! Glad to see its a 2 stroker!!!! I'd love to try that monster out on a nice sand track..hehe!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by vance1@Apr 16 2003, 10:57 PM
carmachael has a little advantage though because his bike has 3-4 more hp than the others, he is the only one to start in 3rd gear because of this. His bike makes 67-68 hp while most others push around 60.
I am not really familiar with motocross but i know in snocross if your racing 440 class you cannot mod your sled so it will roughly have the same power as everyone elses, if they are the same model. SO how would caramachaels bike have so much more power if its the 250cc class. Are there different rules that allow you for engine mods but you must keep the 250cc limit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats right, all classes are rated by displacement. Many of the top pro riders machines have anywhere from 6 to 12 hp more than the "privateer's" bikes! Factory Machines have blue-printed engines, with modified parts built just for them.
Tripple trees, swingarms, internal gearing, cylinders, crank assemblies, etc., are all special race parts the factory R&D dept. supplies to only their sponsered racers.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by Dr.moto@May 18 2003, 11:43 AM
Thats right, all classes are rated by displacement. Many of the top pro riders machines have anywhere from 6 to 12 hp more than the "privateer's" bikes! Factory Machines have blue-printed engines, with modified parts built just for them.
Tripple trees, swingarms, internal gearing, cylinders, crank assemblies, etc., are all special race parts the factory R&D dept. supplies to only their sponsered racers.
Interesting stuff. It seems unfair though if you could have that much more Hp than somone that is not factory sponsored.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts