Hardcore Sledder banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,269 Posts
A lot of great setups here! First year with my Garmin Drive 60LM with vv mapping. Working great. Wish I bought this awhile ago!
All RAM products: round plate, Universal X-Grip, Arm Socket.
Battery tender USB outlet & Red Band Mini USB Charging Cable Power Cord(couldn't use stock Garmin cord).
IMG_20181124_115610802.jpeg IMG_20181124_115556068.jpeg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Had issues with this bag when it was loaded up with my gps and battery pack. It was a little to heavy for the horizontal handlebar mount. Plus I didn't like it up next to the brake so I moved it to the center using a homemade bracket from a scap piece off aluminum flat stock and a piece of round aluminum from an old I.Q. front bumper. Now it mounts vertically so it shouldn't flip down from the weight.
Sorry the pics are sideways.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
2018 xf9000

He tied into the back of the accessory plug.

Ram stuff and AMPS Rugged Mount-Montana 600

Is it possible to repost the picture of the backside of your set-up to see which Ram mounts were used ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
F7,

It is a rectangular mount. Sled isnt here but here is a crop that might help....

After a season...Very happy with the function and look as well.

I mounted mine in the same place on my 12'-17' machines but my mounting bracket will not work on my new machine and was looking for idea's. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Nuvi 65 on a 2020 900 Turbo on glove box extension cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
this sled didn't even have a bar pad, just a plastic cover!

that being said I have slammed into it a couple times during aggressive riding and with no issues.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a Ram mount setup last year for my phone, but the bumps would knock it out of place, especially since I was also running a mirror off the Ram mount.

This year I decided to go a different route and found a bar end mirror I think will work well. I don't like the mirrors that drill into the cowling.

I also went with an Oxford Strap Nav Holder from Revzilla. This one straps right to my bar pad and feels pretty secure. Also decided to go to a GPS because our VAST trail app goes into sleep mode I found on my phone and I lose my location regularly. Had to get a second hand GPS though because my Garmin Nuvi 52 wouldn't fit, the Nuvi 42 does though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I guess I will add mine. Just put it in last week. I used a garmin nuvi 1350. With VV mapping. Used a ram mount with the bolt down mount on the hood. I had a round piece if rubber about 3/16 of an inch thick I used under the mount. Prefect size. Just to dampen the vibration. I didnt buy the polaris 12v accessory plug. I bought the same thing thats fused for 10 bucks on eBay. The gps car plug plugged into that tucked under the hood. Works well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How are you all mounting phones to use the polaris App? I need a weather proof option that doesnt cost a arm and a leg

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
The cold and screen on requires a wicked charger or hand warmer in the mount. Ram makes a universal box if you don't have a waterproof phone. Personally I use a cheap ebay Garmin instead. Bigger screen and stays powered on easy. If it breaks I don't care

141 - 155 of 155 Posts