Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for mounting ideas for my 2011 z1. Have a few in mind, but like to see how you mounted yours. Even looking at handlebar mounts. Thanks

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I have a RAM mount attached the the riser.

GPS Mount Sled.jpg

Reactions: canuck_xcr8

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,073 Posts
Garmin 650 on the risers

I have a unique modified bag setup on the riser. I used a standard bicycle mount and then modified the center of the riser with a bracket I made to hold the standard Montana powered mount. Then I made up the 12v dc regulated circuit from Radio shack parts (I'm gonna miss those stores for ease of parts access locally.. less than a mile from my house). With that I have a AC-DC rectified and regulated solution that powers up the GPS when the sled is running and powers it off when it's not (unless you push the "stay on" button when you shut sled off). It works and looks great. I've used this same setup on my ZR900 as it's the same handlebar bag I had on it too. But now as you see I put a Ram mount on the center of the bar there for when I ride that sled. Both work great and I personally like them being in the center of the bars as that's a very stable place on the sled. Less vibration probably due to the fact you stabilize the bars with your hands/arms.

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Montana 600 with Amps mount

I don't have the GPS in the mount but you can see how I the setup installed. I just used a small piece of aluminum plate. Works awesome for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Finished mounting my Garmin 1390t...

- RAM mount holder
- x2 "L" brackets
- 12v DC accessory under the hood
- GPStrailmaps.com maps... (ME/VT/NH)

Wanted to flush mount it but angle wasn't great for viewing sitting. I ordered the RAM mount ball for handlebar but wasn't happy with location and M8 screws were to large for holes.

Happy with install.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looking for mounting ideas for my 2011 z1. Have a few in mind, but like to see how you mounted yours. Even looking at handlebar mounts. Thanks
Buck,

Have you figured out how your mounting the gps yet? I have considered a Ram set up, mounting the base to the front side of the gauge console on my '11-F8, and having the gps sit just about the speedo/tach. Think it MAY still allow a windshield bag as well. Can't remember which brand/ model had a split bag set-up that would allow this.

·
Registered
128 Posts

1 - 20 of 153 Posts