Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a shovel from arctic cat to put under the seat of my crossfire. I can't get it to fit. Has any one got this to fit? If so can you send me a picture? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
those seats have room for a shovel underneath didnt know that

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I didn't know that either???

I will have to take a look!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beleive it was advertised as a feature on the crossfire but it doesn't seem to exist. Must be like the sparkplug holder on the 03 firecat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When I'm not riding in the mts, I put my shovel under my seat. Pull the seat off and you'll see the notches that they added for the shovel to slide into. I also put my handle in there off to the side. If your riding in the mts be sure and ride with your shovel, probe, and beacon in your backpack. The shovel does you no good if its in your sled rolling down the side of a mt.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
When I'm not riding in the mts, I put my shovel under my seat. Pull the seat off and you'll see the notches that they added for the shovel to slide into. I also put my handle in there off to the side. If your riding in the mts be sure and ride with your shovel, probe, and beacon in your backpack. The shovel does you no good if its in your sled rolling down the side of a mt.[/b]
I've never taken off my seat, does it come with a shovel??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Some one have any pics of the shovel cavity under the seat? how does the seat release?[/b]

Not sure about the 07 XFire's, but on the '06:

- Open the flap on the back of the seat. You'll see a brass colored clip on either side of the seat inside the opening. Push the clips in at the same time and pull the seat up and back and its off. Now flip it over and you'll see the shovel holder built into the bottom of the seat. Slide the shovel into the bracket to see how it fits.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My tool kit is held with a velcro strap on top of the footwell above the brake. Came from factory like that. Someone musta stuck it under there on ya, unless the early builds came like that, if thats what you have.
Keeper

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It's not an early build.(verified from factory) The kit may have been moved on Crossfires in 07. It has the velcro holder right under the center of the seat. I ride with two twin spar riders and theirs are both in the footwell. Theirs are electric start mine is not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts