Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as pissed off as the rest but realistically we all know that no decent sledding happening for at least 2 weeks. So here's my question. If I filled my sleds full with fresh gas this past mid November like most of us probably have in anticipation of early riding, does anyone think we should now be adding fuel stabilizer so the gas properties don't break down and gum up our carbs? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Mid November ............... I'd say you should of added something. If I'm not sure I'm going to be riding within a few days I always add some stabilizer (Seafoam) just to hold the octane rating up. If I was you I'd drain out that fuel and use it in your truck, then add a 1/16 tank of fresh treated fuel run the sleds up to temp shut em down, then just before your sure your going to ride fill em up and add a half can of Seafoam to clean em out .............. but hey thats just my opinion :dunno:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just as pissed off as the rest but realistically we all know that no decent sledding happening for at least 2 weeks. So here's my question. If I filled my sleds full with fresh gas this past mid November like most of us probably have in anticipation of early riding, does anyone think we should now be adding fuel stabilizer so the gas properties don't break down and gum up our carbs? :dunno:[/b]
Personally I wouldn't leave them full but here's what I found on the Chevron site -->

http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/f...orgas/8_q-a/#22

so you might be OK. I put about 10L of fresh gas in the sled after a rebuild but just after Christmas I ran some stabilizer for a few minutes, fogged the motor, drained the carbs and the tank. Figured it would be a while.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Nutter, Doobee. Where do you get this Seafoam stuff? Is it the same as Stabil?[/b]

The first time I ever heard of Seafoam was from our US brothers here on HCS, I had on ly heard good things about this stuff. So I asked around town, and my local Car Quest said they would order in a few bottles for me, now I get a case of 10 or 12 every year and have been using it ever since in every thing I own, cars, trucks, sleds, quads, bikes, boats, and all my yard equiptment.

Seafoam Link

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just posted over on TY-four stroke about the differnt kinds of stabilzer and most respones were to use Seafoam. I normally use Briggs and Straton fuel stabilzer and leave about a gallon of fuel in the sleds. And then just fill them with fresh fuel at the first ride and ride them easy for the first day. But this year over the christmas break. I drained the gallon out of the sleds and retreated a gallon of fresh fuel and refired the sleds. Since it been such a long time. We would normally be riding buy now But this time i couldnt get Briggs and Straton. So i bought Stai-bil. Hopefully it works as good and the briggs stuff. One thing i did find was for the Canadains STAY AWAY form the Motomaster crap. I bought a bottle and the shit froze in the container. And when i unthawed it it was seperated red on top and clear liquid on bottom. I returned it and had a hell of a time getting a refund from the shit shop. (Crappy tire sucks) Just my 2-cents. I have been using the method for a number of years without a problem. :banana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts