Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes... About the middle of December I went out to try the sled out and i ended up shooting a stud threw my heat exchanger. Which dumped my coolant all over. I went to a local welder and he had said he could weld it but i would have to remove the seat the track the hood and gas tank. I also have read about people doing the same thing and using JB Weld. JB Weld would save alot of time and money (not that theres freakin snow yet). I ride pretty hard and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they thought JB Weld would hold even tho i ride pretty hard. My neighbor said just to clean the surface really good with acetone and keep the garage heated to about 60 degrees over night so that it is not a cold surface. Make sure the coolant is completely flushed with water and make sure the surface is dry, and he said there shouldnt be a problem with it holding. I was just wondering what you guys thought....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did the same thing all I had to do was remove the rear suspension, and the track then he welded it up. I had two spots where the studs went through the heat exchanger. You have to make sure you flush it with air so all the antifreeze is out of it then pressure test it again when done to make sure it doesnt leak I have about 3,000 miles on the repair and it has held you great. Good luck I hope all goes well, if you have any other questions drop me a line. Happy New Year!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and happy new year!!!! Just wish we had some damn snow!!!! Well i am glad it is holding up I just hope JB Weld will work because the local welder will not weld it without the hood, suspension, track, gas tank, and seat being removed. I really dont want to go threw all of that work. I am going to wait for a response from someone who used JB Weld and if it doesnt work i guess i will just have to weld it. Thanks alot for your help

·
Banned
995 Posts
USED JB WELD ON FRONT HEAT EXCHANGER 3 YRS AGO. HASEN,T LEAKED SINCE. HAD WELDER WELD FRONT EXCHANGER ON ANOTHER SLED(MACHINE SHOP) HAD TO TAKE SUSPENSION OUT, TRACK , SEAT AND GAS TANK. NOW THAT WAS A REALLY NICE JOB. BOTH WILLWORK BUT THE WELDING IS A LITTLE MORE WORK..........HAWK!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.