Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating for two years now to install a fuel restrictor on my '02 ZL SS. I do know that EFI's tend to run pretty rich. When I pull out my plugs their black and have chunks all over them! I thought it could be too much oil being pumped, but I can go farther than all my riding buddies on a tank of oil and they've got all brands of sleds. Besides that, I have gone down long striaght-a-ways (between a half mile to a mile) wide open, chopped the throttle, and I've got flames blowing out of the exhaust!! I am always the first one that needs gas and I'm sure a fuel restrictor will help with some or all of these issues! I need you guys to help me, I am making the right decision by putting one of these on or should I go a different route? Opinions, questions, experience w/fuel restrictors, any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated-Thanks guys!!!! :celebrating:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by bikeman@Oct 17 2005, 11:22 PM
No doubt you will pick up 3-5 hp and have much cleaner burning plugs.
A 2.5 degree timing key works well too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936831
[/quote]

Does the timing key add more HP on top of the 3-5 HP I would be getting from the Fuel Restrictor? That 2.5 degree seems sort of alot compared to the .5 or 1 degree I've heard about! What does it do exactly? :dunno:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello!........HELLO?!......anyone out there? :cn:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ZRJEFF@Oct 18 2005, 07:15 PM
Don't know the increase specs. for the 2.5 key but do know you'll have to run high octane fuel!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938816
[/quote]

How high? I talked to Bikeman Performance today, they told me to go with the 2.5 and run premium gas! I'm assuming the highest I could find out on the trail (91-92+)! Does that sound about right?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yes, 91 min.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts