Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 2005 firecat 600 efi 4500 miles he showed me it when i went over to his place. it looked a little beat up like the seat was ripped in the back pretty good but it seems pretty fair condition he showed me a vid of it running this last winter and starting it in 3 pulls cold outside and it seemed to run pretty good too. he said the ignition wires need to be fixed thats why its not running i havent really had the chance to look it all over but hes only asking 500 for it im not that familiar with snowmobiles im gunna try and go over again and get pics and really look it over

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Sounds like it was not taken care of very well,, therefore lack of mantainence. Ripped seat, wont run- "but its an easy fix"- tip offs to me. Look it over close. Look for crackedtunnel and/or bulkhead, busted skid and related parts, track ripped/tearouts, cracked exhaust pipe. Yeah,it's cheap, but you could spend LOTS of $$ making it rideable. JMO. snap

·
Registered
820 Posts
Depends, are you handy and confident that you can fix it, if you have to take it somewhere then forget it, whats your budget? You could probably put 2000 grand into it and have a good little jump around sled if you can do the labor. How dependable does it need to be? Are you just riding it locally? 2500 isn't much to spend on a sled now a days.

·
Registered
39,618 Posts
Any sled of that age will likely need some attention, unless your ok with being able to service it yourself, you'd better have good friends who can, or prepare to have deep pockets.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Check compression, if both are close in the 130 range depending on gauge, for $500 could be a great deal lots of parts available. If you get it pull power valves and clean, check the Y-pipe looking for a crack in the seam, Change DD oil

My '05 F7 I put 14,000 miles original track, DD gear box, primary clutch was on 2nd secondary clutch. lots of good info out there and they are easy to work on compared to newer sleds.

·
Registered
19,945 Posts
Depends, are you handy and confident that you can fix it, if you have to take it somewhere then forget it, whats your budget? You could probably put 2000 grand into it and have a good little jump around sled if you can do the labor. How dependable does it need to be? Are you just riding it locally? 2500 isn't much to spend on a sled now a days.
You can buy a nice, not beat up f6, that runs for 2500 bucks all day long and not have to put tons of work to it. IMO do not buy anything that does not run unless you are going to part it out or know how to fix it without speculating with people on the internet. This thing could go from a 500 dollar project to putting more into it than the sled is worth real fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts