Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
wont get sucked into the suspension...yes its easier to roost people and yes it looks WAY better then the ugly stock BEAVER TAIL- a - la - Rev flap they give u stock.... barfola!!! and for the 4000002984383284093 time...it WONT OVERHEAT ur motor....i knew that question was coming next.....if i got a nickle for everytime this question got raised .....i could afford to pay robs hosting fees for this site each month :blink:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i royally pissed of a riding friend this weekend after i roosted on him on two different occasions and my snowflap is stock. i would had felt real bad had i spun a rock or something and did damage to him or his sled. i didnt realize the f7 roosts so bad so now i have to be careful when someone is behind me ( and i didnt realize he was so close either time i got him either, good friend of mine said i filled his helmet full and he had his shield up)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
oh i want to say if you want to be personally resposible for damaging someone elses sled or belonging then go ahead and cut it. otherwise, use a strap and strap it to the rear handle. i saw alot of sleds, all brands at the ice races who have done that to theirs.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by otterbob@Jan 29 2003, 09:04 AM
oh i want to say if you want to be personally resposible for damaging someone elses sled or belonging then go ahead and cut it. otherwise, use a strap and strap it to the rear handle. i saw alot of sleds, all brands at the ice races who have done that to theirs.
But If you're sick of your buddies riding right on your ass and not passing...by all means cut it. They'll back off. ;)

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
The worst thing you can do is cut your flap. Use the tie strap if you are having troubles with it getting sucked in. They throw enough snow as it is stock. Anyone ride at night here? Doesn't sound like it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
read the post I started "check engine light flashing"

Will it cause overheating? Well it depends where you ride and what conditions. Yes some people do not have problems but they are 1' of fresh. For hard pack without alot of loose snow stick with the stocker. I liked the shorter flap but am going back to the stock one w/snopro strap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by otterbob@Jan 29 2003, 09:02 AM
i royally pissed of a riding friend this weekend after i roosted on him on two different occasions and my snowflap is stock. i would had felt real bad had i spun a rock or something and did damage to him or his sled. i didnt realize the f7 roosts so bad so now i have to be careful when someone is behind me ( and i didnt realize he was so close either time i got him either, good friend of mine said i filled his helmet full and he had his shield up)
Got my hubby with a rock the last time we were out... :(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just an FYI. I had reverse installed on my F7, and it comes with a new, shorter, snowflap. It is actually the exact same size as a regular flap, if you cut the bottom piece off.

Go Figure :blink:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ive had mine cut sence day one no over heating problems and over 500 miles on low snow . my friends 800 edge throws way more then mine and his is stock !!! over heating problem ? i don't think so!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i took a piece of aluminum strapping about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long about 1/16 of an inch thick, cut the top to fit in the center hole of the flap. nobody can see it and have had no trouble since. B)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Snopro why would u ask if we ride at night? I pretty much learned my lesson the other day about rooster tails. My friend has an f7 and he had to get through a tight pass, then hydro accross a short but very deep rivene, followed by a very steep hill. I had already made it across and made it up the hill. I knew my friend on the 7 would be coming shortly, so I walked down the hill to see if everything would go right and after he made it accross the river he stopped to tell me something. We were in deep heavy wet snow and after he stopped and diddnt have any momentum to continue up the hill. He knew it was going to be tough to get up the hill so I pushed him from behind (his snoflap is cut) and when he let her rip I felt like Warren Sap pumbled me into the river. I finally got the mountain of snow off me and got out of the cold river. The morale of this story is baisically I'm a jackass. But it was pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
:D 1300 miles with cut flap no heating problems period. look at the angle of the flap you think that 2" is going to matter i think not. B)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts