Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys about two years ago I proudly announced my pending retirement and began looking forward to the many miles of riding that would now be open to me. Well things change. Quickly. Last Sunday I was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. So it's looking like I need to start thinking about reduced riding opportunities .WE don't know for sure what's in there. We just know it's there. I'm trying to get a referral to U of M. but I keep running into red tape. For those of you who are inclined to say A prayer now and then you are welcomed to contribute to my cause.

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
So sorry to read this @Motoguy!! I hope you can bust through that red tape, get into the U of M, and get better news. Until then - prayers sent your way!

·
Insane Madcatter
06 F7 EFI / 00 MXZ 600
120 Posts
Life is a precious gift.
As you age, each day becomes more valuable, sorry to hear this dude.

Moto, did they give you a general time frame?
I don't know what you got for a sled but if I were you i'd get a brand new 998 and punch that throttle. No sled on the market is even a close second to the rush you get with that snailed yammy.

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
865 Posts
Keep us posted. There are lots of different types of tumors, some are benign, some are not. Some are inside your brain, some are what is called inter-cranial. Those are inside you skull, outside your brain.

My daughter was diagnosed with a benign, inter-cranial type of tumor about the time she finished high school. Long story short, after a 15 hour surgery at Mass General in July of that year, she started college in late October, a couple of months late. Graduated on time, healthy now.

Tumor was about the size of an egg, behind her ear. Dr didn't say as much before the surgery, but after he told us it was a big one, especially for her age. That day was the longest one of my life, waiting to hear how everything would come out. She was in intensive care for 4 days, home in 7.

Her tumor attached to the bundle of nerves that controls one side of your balance function, hearing on one side, and facial muscles on one side. They try to save the nerves in that order. In her case, she lost the balance function (she really didn't notice), her hearing on one side ( a bigger problem), and a bit of muscle control. Was hoping to play the trumpet in the band in college, could no longer do that because she could not control her lips well enough. Not so easy for a young girl, but she pushed through it really well.

Had a crooked smile for a while, about gone after 15 years. She told me earlier this week that people wearing masks really messes her up, she did not realize how much she had come to rely on lip reading, which doesn't work so well when someone has a mask on.

Hang in there, work with the doctors. They can do some amazing things. I met some patients that were in the hospital when she was, with much more complex issues, but they were recovering.

I hope it works out well for you. 🙏

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
sorry to hear this, I would also strongly suggest staying as positive as you can, , some times things work themselves out, and don;t end up as they say

My father has has 17 major surgeries sine the late 70's and about 90% of them they told him, he would be lucky to live another 6 month to a yr
he is 90 now and still driving and eating BAD foods every day, , all the foods they told him would kill him
he figured if only had 6 months to live he wasn;t going to STOP eating what he liked or doing what he liked
and well, so far , most of the DR;s he had died and he's still living?

NOT trying to make light of your situation, just saying, hang in there stay positive , and do and enjoy what you like within reason,
and one last thing to maybe, if mind set is OK with it look at things this way
we all sadly die, most of us NEVER know when its about to happen
so, some times, maybe a warning, or a heads up, allows one to make peace with a lot of things, time to get things to go as you wish
and to really get to enjoy those that you love and love you and let them know it!

so, again sorry for your situation,try and stay positive,
and we all just never know,, what the future will bring as time goes by! things can change, and I hope they change for the better or you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts