Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the F7SP, and so far I think Cat did a lousy job w/ the suspension. I revalved all my shocks. The rear is pretty good now, but the front shocks still suck! Has anyone tried other shocks like Works, Elka, or Ryde FX? I want to get new shocks, but I don't know who is reputable. Anyone?

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
I will be putting Elka suspension all the way around for next year.
Probably going to get Elka "elites" w/ Remote Rezzys that have high and slow speed compression adjustments and single speed rebound dampening.
Due to the length of the front shock I would assume they will come in as tripple or even quad rate springs and SSD (self sagging device)
Should be a large improvement over the stock sno pro suspesion.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Flash and Flare@Mar 10 2003, 04:14 PM
I will be putting Elka suspension all the way around for next year.
Probably going to get Elka "elites" w/ Remote Rezzys that have high and slow speed compression adjustments and single speed rebound dampening.
Due to the length of the front shock I would assume they will come in as tripple or even quad rate springs and SSD (self sagging device)
Should be a large improvement over the stock sno pro suspesion.
I've thought about the Elka, and want to do something this summer. Too bad your not trying them this year. lol Nice shee, do you talk on bansheehq.com? You do know that axis makes shocks for sleds too, don't ya. They are the best for ATV, but I don't how they are on the sled department.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ryan001@Mar 10 2003, 05:06 PM
Get Ryde FX with clickers! you will love them!
Do you have these now? Have you ridden a sled w/ them? Trying to get a feel of everyones oppions on different brands and experiences before I spend $2000 in suspension.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey I was wonderin if any of you guys would know juss how much the Rdye FX with clickers will run?? I'm also thinkin of replacin my shocks all around...Any info would be great... :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SweetFireCatGreen@Mar 10 2003, 05:36 PM
Hey I was wonderin if any of you guys would know juss how much the Rdye FX with clickers will run?? I'm also thinkin of replacin my shocks all around...Any info would be great... :)
I believe they are around $1000-1100 for a pair of front shocks. I thought about the works front shocks. They are $400 for a pair, but don't have compression or rebound adjustments. I race ATV's though, and found the valving perfect on aftermarket front shocks. So there is no need for the compression and rebound adjustments. If the aftermarket shocks are good enough, then you shouldn't have to have the adjustments.

·
Registered
530 Posts
oh i forgot if u wanna get the best Fox shocks or well they are really close if not better than ohlins the Fox ZERO X racing shox are sweet. They have adjustable preload dual rate clickers everything they are really exspensive but they might be my next pair if TCS doesnt make any.
Features Include:
• Piggyback or Remote Reservoirs (depending on application)
• 36 High-speed and 24 low-speed external compression adjustments
• 36 External rebound adjustments
• Lightweight aluminum body
• 4130 Chromoly 5/8" chrome shafts
• FOX’s new FIST (Fox Ice Scraper Technology) aluminum seal/ice scraper bearing housing
• Aluminum damping pistons
• Magnesium thermal compensating metering rod
• 6AL-4V titanium eye extension
• Adjustable 7075-T6 aluminum ride-height eyelet
• Teflon stainless steel spherical heims
• Chrome silicon springs

Estimated Retail Price: $500-$1,200 per shock

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great info. Thanks for that. anyone else have any personal favorite choices or from experience?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts