Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 XC800SP. I have C&A razors wirh 9" shaper bars, a 131 hawksaw with 196 studs. I got the handling under control but was wondering if there is more to be had with either sending out my shocks and getting them revalved to my weight and riding style (agressive trail). or just getting a new set. Is there a aftermarket or factory shock that is much better than stock, would there be a noticable improvement (seat of the pants "wow this really rides and handles much better) over a freshly rebuilt factory piece?
I am going to do something, shock dealers welcome to give me some imput.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
It is a ton cheaper to have your OEM's rebuilt and you should notice difference on an 01 if they have never been done before. I recently had mine rebuilt by Steve @ Aftershock Performance 716-628-7235, he is an advertiser in the NY section of this site and goes by Nysteve. He was very knowledgeable and was able to give me the ride I was looking for through some valving changes. The work was top notch and the prices were great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
you should be rebuilding all 4 shocks every year, if you are the type to really "ride" the whole suspension travel on the edge sleds. I have a pair of front ryde fx shocks that tim mcquestion did for me. he did all the snowcross suspension for factory tems in the NEast. you can have them for 100 bucks shipped to your door, and put your springs on. you'll have an extra set of springs too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts