Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zr with fox shox and am having them rebuilt/recharged and want them stiffer (I know recharging them makes them stiffer) but if a heavier oil was put in would that make any dfference? I also know about revalving but dont want to pay too much. So any input is greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Is it the shock you want to change, or the spring? If the suspension bottoms more than you'd like, then maybe you need a heavier spring and not more compression damping? Slowing the shocks down can have a big effect on ride quality, make it harsh and reduce effective suspension travel.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
One thing you can do that will definately help is stiffer springs. I had GSG throw snopro's in mine and it helped alot. Is that where you took yours? Stiffer valving helps too, it's usually not that expensive since they're rebuilding them anyway.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing you can do that will definately help is stiffer springs. I had GSG throw snopro's in mine and it helped alot. Is that where you took yours? Stiffer valving helps too, it's usually not that expensive since they're rebuilding them anyway.[/b]
I will never take my sled to GSG 4 of my friends went there and have had nothin but problems Id list them but it would take way too long. I took my shox to capitol and got sno pro springs from transcona. thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts