Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our owners manual it says that you should have your shocks, "cleaned and rechaged after the initial 200 miles." Has anyone had this done? Does anyone, besides the dealer, recommend this be done?

Just wondering what you guys think of this service recommendation.

Fact or fiction??

·
Registered
82 Posts
when should you have this done?? i'm thinking after the season i will have them all done? i have 1300 miles on the sled. should i be doing the shocks soon?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You're supposed to change the oil and do a charge after the initial break-in. Gets rid of all the contaminants, like a new 4-stroke motor. Prolongs life of shock. Yadda yadda yadda.. People never do it and they still have decent shocks after 2000 miles.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I thought too, but I just wanted to see what other people were doing.

D

·
0 Posts
Im not sure if it's 200 miles or 400 miles or what, but they do break in and if you service them once they are broke in they will last longer. Similar to chnaging the oil in a new car. There is a lot of junk in the oil the first few times you change it. Frictional surfaces need to seat and mate and that is done by "wearing" into place. Shock service is cheap so I would do it. deycore.com does oild change for $25 a shock I think. I usually do mine at the end of the season too so to remove water that inevitably is drawn in, so that as it sits over the summer, it is not corroding inside. My 2 cents

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I will have to see what my dealer will charge. I have to bring it back to get the reverse put in, so maybe I will see what he gets for the shock service.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I felt my shocks getting bad on second ride at 200 miles, rode next day and thought they were a little better 370 miles on them total then. Had them serviced and the oil was in chunks just about. It sure made the sled come back in handling and ride thurs. and friday 690 miles on now. Its the cheapest performance gain anyone can get. IMHO. Get them serviced you will not believe the difference, they go away so slowly you forget how nice they can feel ....

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have almost 1300miles and my snopro shocks are finished...they need to be re-charged badly....I also race so I am hard on them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts