Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone going to Mancelona this weekend, Try Shirley out for breakfast, Best breakfast you will find, I have been there 3 times now and there food is above and beyond, Anyways just letting yall know

·
Registered
112 Posts
For anyone going to Mancelona this weekend, Try Shirley out for breakfast, Best breakfast you will find, I have been there 3 times now and there food is above and beyond, Anyways just letting yall know[/b]
Where's it at? Is it right on the trail?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Did lunch there last Sat. Great looking and hard working waitresses. They serve Northern Michigan sodas. Shirley gave me free samples of all the sodas and was very polite. From what I understand she is a Daughter or relative of Averys. (another great place to eat in Mancelona)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Averys. (another great place to eat in Mancelona)[/b]
Another plac I wont go to because they (Bill) wont support grooming in ANY way.says Bill"Idont need to buy a map ad,,,everyone knows where we are and will come here any way", almost word for word what Pops told Jerry this year!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Which place is it?[/b]
Averys,NOT shirleys.To my knowledge,no one ever approached shirleys ,no one ever will ask Averys again(as far as I'm concerned).That was 2 yrs ago,havent been there since,and dont have any plans to do so.........................

·
Registered
359 Posts
Another plac I wont go to because they (Bill) wont support grooming in ANY way.says Bill"Idont need to buy a map ad,,,everyone knows where we are and will come here any way", almost word for word what Pops told Jerry this year![/b]
My NEW breakfast spot is the Silverback. Good breakfast and they appreciate sled business!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
For anyone going to Mancelona this weekend, Try Shirley out for breakfast, Best breakfast you will find, I have been there 3 times now and there food is above and beyond, Anyways just letting yall know[/b]
How does it compare to Bee's in Elmira?

That's our fav right now.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shirley has a hearty breakfast that is 2 eggs, A huge plate of potatos, I mean that is more than anyone should eat for breakfast pancakes, bacon toast and sausage in the potatos for 6.00 bucks, Her bread is homemade also, Anyways Im hungry now, Shirleys is down the road from C38 on the right heading to Kalkaska on us131, The trail goes right in front of it

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Averys,NOT shirleys.To my knowledge,no one ever approached shirleys ,no one ever will ask Averys again(as far as I'm concerned).That was 2 yrs ago,havent been there since,and dont have any plans to do so.........................[/b]

REMEMBER EVRYONE,ITS MY OPPINION,so before you get all pissed ,understand that I have a REAL AND PERSONAL PROBLEM with "takers" that are not "givers"

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does it compare to Bee's in Elmira?

That's our fav right now.[/b]
Ive never been to bees but you can tell Shirley really wants your buisness, The prices are great too, Shirleys has alot of homemade stuff from what I can tell

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
REMEMBER EVRYONE,ITS MY OPPINION,so before you get all pissed ,understand that I have a REAL AND PERSONAL PROBLEM with "takers" that are not "givers"[/b]
I hope Shirleys contributes, Thanks for all your trail condition emails BTW

Bryan

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Shirley has a hearty breakfast that is 2 eggs, A huge plate of potatos, I mean that is more than anyone should eat for breakfast pancakes, bacon toast and sausage in the potatos for 6.00 bucks, Her bread is homemade also, Anyways Im hungry now, Shirleys is down the road from C38 on the right heading to Kalkaska on us131, The trail goes right in front of it[/b]
Good! Maybe she will give Bill a run for some business.I will check it out!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Thanks for the update on Averys Turbo.....I will keep that in mind. I'm still learnin this Antrim Co. chit

My neighbor Jim swears by Bee's in Elmira though. Gonna have to try that.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
REMEMBER EVRYONE,ITS MY OPPINION,so before you get all pissed ,understand that I have a REAL AND PERSONAL PROBLEM with "takers" that are not "givers"[/b]
I will not support them if that is their attitude. I don't care how good the food is! :lame1:

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the update on Averys Turbo.....I will keep that in mind. I'm still learnin this Antrim Co. chit

My neighbor Jim swears by Bee's in Elmira though. Gonna have to try that.[/b]
I guess I have to try Bees now, Dirty Dawg swears by it also

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Shirleys sounds alot like Bee's: everything is totally homemade at Bee's. Bee is a really nice old lady, like 80? The cinnamon bread is to die for. We bought a pie from her once, and she told us to just bring back the glass pie plate on our next visit.

That big portion of taters at Shirleys sounds good, I like my potatoes at breakfast for sure.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Which place is it?[/b]
Shirley's is about 5 blocks south of stop light in Mancelona right on 131 across from Dura Automotive. Its 1.4 miles south of McDonalds/Mancelona Motel. Everyone in town says its got GREAT food!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks bigk. I have a place just south of EJ and a friend of mine is an engineer @ DURA. Will definately have to check out shirley's with my kids this weekend. Don't forget EJ Sno Blast this weekend with breakfast at the clubhouse sunday morning. $5 and you get your fill and the clubhouse is quite unique with the indoor fireplace in the center of the room.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Bee's in Elmira is good, so is the railside, Shirleys is great also, but Avery's is a little to dirty for me, and it is kinda cramped in there. IMO

1 - 20 of 29 Posts