1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Where from, where to?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Why not visit you local Yamaha dealer when they're unpacking a sled and see what's involved. They'll likely give you the crate to re-use. I don't think much assembly is required on the dealers part so you could likely crate up your ride fairly easily. The question will be how to move the crate from you driveway onto the back of the carriers truck, unless you have a forklift available.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by MUSKOKA800@Sep 9 2005, 07:25 AM
Why not visit you local Yamaha dealer when they're unpacking a sled and see what's involved. They'll likely give you the crate to re-use. I don't think much assembly is required on the dealers part so you could likely crate up your ride fairly easily. The question will be how to move the crate from you driveway onto the back of the carriers truck, unless you have a forklift available.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866965
[/quote]
This is why I am asking for suggestions. I am not sure if they all want them packaged, or will we be able to shove it right onto the truck. I have had huge items delivered on a lift gate off a fedex truck. But it was all factory packaging. I also was thinking if I could arrange for a shipping company to go to another state to pick up a sled. What is involved?

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
have it would have to be crated or something ya wouldnt want it getting beat up or someone riding it :augen41: just get ya a crate from a dealer and crate it---most shipping companys have hand dollys so they can move stuff around on the truck just tell them it is on the ground and you have no forklift weight size things like that they will send a truck with a lift gate just make sure they have concrete to load off of or the driver will be :frech32: they will also p/u a crate from somewhere else as long as someone is there when they come and shipping is pre paid just have to tell them as above

·
Registered
580 Posts
I sold my Firecat to a gentleman in Iceland and I learned the following:
1) No one will pick up the sled unless it is crated. I am talking about major shipping companies
2) Get an old crate from your dealer or build your own.
3) The company you arrange to pick up the sled will need a fork lift. Not all of them have them otherwise you will need to drag it up into the truck yourself.
4) some airports have metal shipping containers. But those companies provide the container and will not help you load them. Mine was supposed to go over in a metal container ment for sleds but they messed up and had a motorcycle container waiting. The skis had to come off. It had to be tilted on its side to go in and the firecat was too long and the rear door wouldn't close. THe door came off and the sled was shipped that way.
5) take out insurance in case it is damaged during shipping.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I shiped a wrecked sled to Ney York from Chicago for $420. Had to take skis & winsshield off. I used Fbo Freight Broker Online and they hooked me up. This was 2 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts