Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my 22 XCR, the carbides appear to sit flat and level. My 20 was noticeably down on the front of the carbide prior to shimming.
From everyone’s experience, does the 22 need to be shimmed?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looking at my 22 XCR, the carbides appear to sit flat and level. My 20 was noticeably down on the front of the carbide prior to shimming.
From everyone’s experience, does the 22 need to be shimmed?
You beat me to it! I was going to ask the same thing. Noticed mine sitting level as well. Think I'm going to hold off on the shimming for the time being and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What are you guys using for for shims hyfax?
I used some hard rubber flooring I had laying around. Cut them 1/4” thick and they seemed to work good last year. If I had hyfax laying around, that’s what I’d use but I don’t keep sleds long enough to replace those 🤣

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Was going to hold off, but decided to go ahead and get 'em shimmed. Only have 140 miles on her, but pulled a ski and could already notice more wear toward the front.

Here's my high-tech solution for shims. A whole $3.80 at Menards. Easy to trim and set in the ski. Served my Pro-S well for 6000+ miles. The pic of the carbide is after shim was installed. Greased my bolts, too!
Blue Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Electric blue

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Blue Vehicle Bumper Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts