Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any easier way to adjust the belt than putting in shim after shim?? I heard DD has an adjuster, anybody have one and how do they work??

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it compatable with DD clutch components?

i'm knew to diamond drive, my understanding was that the shims affected the deflection, am i wrong??

·
5,450 Posts
is it compatable with DD clutch components?

i'm knew to diamond drive, my understanding was that the shims affected the deflection, am i wrong??[/b]
100% compatible

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help flash and flare....could you fill me in..as the belt wears, it gets looser, should i add shims or use the deflection tool?

·
5,450 Posts
thanks for the help flash and flare....could you fill me in..as the belt wears, it gets looser, should i add shims or use the deflection tool?[/b]
If you get that Fett Bros adjuster kit, you no longer use any of the shim or the factory bolt. Just install there set up and when the belt wears take your Allen wrench and loosen the allen bolt that loosens the cone which allows you to turn the adjuster in farther, then tighten up the allen bolt and your all set.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
when you have the belt deflection set with a new belt, after 50 miles you put in a 0.30 shim and at around 200 miles you take out the 0.30 out and put 0.60 and you are good to go for 1500 miles if your clutches are working properly.
its not that hard, total time is only 5 mins between all adjustments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when i put a new belt on i have only enough room to add one more large shim until i maxed out......so i only get about 300 miles on a belt...the belt wears, i maxed out on the amount of shims i can put in and belt is sitting about 3/4" below the secondary....no good

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
when i put a new belt on i have only enough room to add one more large shim until i maxed out......so i only get about 300 miles on a belt...the belt wears, i maxed out on the amount of shims i can put in and belt is sitting about 3/4" below the secondary....no good[/b]
i have no problem getting 1500 miles on a belt, it sounds like the primary clutch is stuck or you have the wrong belt.
you should never need more than one 0.60 shim, it sounds like it was wrong from the dealer when you got it. When you put a new belt on it should sit up above the secondary by 1/8, if it don't something is wrong, and then you have to be easy on the new belt for atleast 30 miles with out beating the thing to death, it will be junk any other way period.
Frank

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this is my fourth belt since i bought the sled new....i've taken apart the clutches and everything looks good....as far as the fett bros quick adjuster do i need a LH or a RH??

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,331 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
LH.

Flash, so what do you think of the adjuster?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts