Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you rode in the Nash Stream area last winter, you probably got to see our carved wooden signs installed at many of our trail junctions. The history of these signs dates back to the 1970's when club members hand routed signs for the trail junctions along Nash Stream road.

Continuing the tradition, Last year we added over 60 new wooden signs (built with a computerized router) at all of the junctions North of the Groveton Trailblazers clubhouse.

This year we are building wooden signs for the trails west and south of our clubhouse towards Stratford and Lancaster.

We are looking for some sheet aluminum that we can turn into brackets for mounting these signs. We need about 20sf of flat aluminum with a minimum thickness of 1/8" and a maximum thickness of 1/4". The aluminum does not have to be in one sheet since the brackets are made from pieces apx 4" x 12".

If anyone can donate this aluminum it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Larry Gomes at 508-366-1172 or send email to [email protected]

PS: We just posted some old pictures of early snowmobiling on Nash Stream. Click on the link below to check them out:

http://www.grovetontrailblazers.com/gtb/news/oldpictures.htm

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can't help you with the Aluminum sorry, but let me tell you you guys have the best marked trails in the state.

Keep up the great signs guys. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Originally posted by GTSE800@Oct 11 2005, 03:27 PM
I can't help you with the Aluminum sorry, but let me tell you you guys have the best marked trails in the state.

Keep up the great signs guys.  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922556
[/quote]

I will agree that they are the best looking signs in the state but it would make life a lot easier if they had a trail junction number on the sign.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by digger@Oct 11 2005, 03:53 PM
I will agree that they are the best looking signs in the state but it would make life a lot easier if they had a trail junction number on the sign.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922622
[/quote]
Thanks a lot for the compliments on our signs. (Months of work by many people went into building and painting them). We have printed up special reflective 911 emergency locator signs (same size as corridor signs) that are going to be posted at every intersection with the junction location and GPS readings. Not sure if we are going to do junction numbers since we change our trail system so much, we would have to renumber every year. In the past we have posted maps at every intersection with a "you are here" arrow on them. Last year we did not reprint them done so some intersections were missing maps, but this year we are planning to reprint the maps again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I also wanted to mention that I was very impressed with the area, the signs were great and having maps at all the intersections was great. My girlfriend also found this area to be the most female friendly sled trails we have ever found, a porta potty at almost every intersection. So easy for us guys out in the woods to take a leak, but the women have it a bit harder. So thanks again and keep up the great job :div20: Prowler

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have a bunch of 12" x 18" street signs made from 1/8 inch aluminum. I can send you these for free if you pay shipping. They are all printed on one side, such as "no parking" etc... There are two holes in the signs for hanging to the post. Let me know. ZR8RIDER

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Oct 12 2005, 01:12 PM
I have a bunch of 12" x 18" street signs made from 1/8 inch aluminum.  I can send you these for free if you pay shipping.  They are all printed on one side, such as "no parking" etc...  There are two holes in the signs for hanging to the post.  Let me know. ZR8RIDER
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924594
[/quote]
Hi Z8RIDER - That sounds like they would work just fine. I am located in MA so maybe I can pick them up from you. Please send email to [email protected] with your phone number or you can call me at 508-366-1172. Many thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Oct 13 2005, 12:19 PM
Larry,
I left a message on your home phone.  Give me a call ZR8RIDER
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926986
[/quote]
Many thanks to Z8Rider for volunteering to give us some aluminum for this project. The next time you ride by our Southern junction signs, you can tell your friends that you donated the stock for the brackets!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Glad to help out. Actually I have no idea where your trail system is or for that matter what the southern junction signs mean. I guess I have never been to your neck of the woods. Larry, give me a days notice when you want to meet to get the metal. ZR8RIDER

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Oct 13 2005, 08:10 PM
Glad to help out.  Actually I have no idea where your trail system is or for that matter what the southern junction signs mean.  I guess I have never been to your neck of the woods.  Larry, give me a days notice when you want to meet to get the metal. ZR8RIDER
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928220
[/quote]

? ? ? ? ? ?

You never heard of NASH STREAM in NH ?
Dammmm .....
Gotta be one of the BEST riding areas in the State !
Nicely groomed, taken care of and easy to get to from either Pitts or Twin !
Rob ....

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I ride mostly Maine. When I go to NH it is just a day trip and usually just end up off 93. Andover area or Boscowen. Maybe this year I'll try further north.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts