Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has ever built one of the shed packages that Star Building sells? It looks like the wall studs and rafters come as one pre-assembled hoop that you screw into the floor.

Looking for opinions on durability and strength of that type of construction.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Around here, they can be found on Craigslist or some of the trailer dealers that sell or lease tractor trailer trailers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got a 12×20 from star.keep my sled and quad in it.2 person job to put it up but overall would buy one again.only thing I would have done is go to the 3/4 floor instead of 5/8.they only charge 100 to deliver 100 k which was a great bonus.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. For some reason I didn't get the notifications. I don't really want to do a sea can, I have looked at those fabric buildings, but the ones I have looked at are much more than building a wooden one.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Another option is to buy one of those prefab sheds that you see on display all over. There are a huge variety of them on Hwy 44 just before Garson. They deliver them on a truck right to your yard and unload it where you want it. Good prices to.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at those ready to move sheds, in the size I am looking for it was an almost $2000 premium over the raw material costs to have it come built and moved.

I work cheap, so it makes more sense for me to build it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any idea on the cost of a 12x12 (or comparable) package from Star?
10 x 12 was $1550 with LP siding, $1900 with vinyl siding.

Their prices don't include all the hardware (nails, screws etc) but include door hardware. They were a little vague on that part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts