Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be able to find a good barber down that way to do it for $10. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Your letting all your secrets out of the bag, looks like you have lots to learn yet. :div20:[/b]
i dont care if you guys know .im not a cheated and if i cared about what your saying i wouldnt have made a thread about my sled..you have lots to learn now .since you have noithing good to say then fuck off.good by

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
hey john boy whats up I was just down home sleding on sat and sun little cratchy but at least I got a drive in anyway :celebrating:[/b]
hey ...nothin' up here....just waiting for snow....same as everyone on here....ya riding was scratchy in spots....good if you go to like money point or up pete cars and places like that....there is a full skim on my harbour...looked good there for a while ..all the coves were frooze..toms pond ..places like that...we will get good rippin' in sooner or later....se ya on the snow..... :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Not sure of anyone local...if you are just shaving your stock head down but not re-cutting your squish band, then most reputable machine shops can do it.
MacGregor's in Thorburn are a good bunch of guys, and do good machining, if you are looking for advice on where and how much to shave off it, there are many Doo boys on here, who I am sure would help.

Hope This Helps

Brent

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I was joking above by the way so fucking relax.

On a serious note, go to the library and pick up an engine book or a tuning book and read it. Shaving your heads won't give you more out of your pipes. Your going to increase your compression ratio depending on how much you shave off, so your may need to look at the spark plugs your using, your fuel (may need to run high test or race fuel all the time), and if you don't change your fuel with the increased CR you could spark knock (pre detonation) and kill your motor. In order to get more out of your pipes you need to get more air and fuel into your engine, so look at bigger carbs (or at least bigger jets), air box mods, porting and polishing (and if you do all of this don't forget your oil injection, if you increase everything else you will need to increase your oil injection rate).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was joking above by the way so fucking relax.

On a serious note, go to the library and pick up an engine book or a tuning book and read it. Shaving your heads won't give you more out of your pipes. Your going to increase your compression ratio depending on how much you shave off, so your may need to look at the spark plugs your using, your fuel (may need to run high test or race fuel all the time), and if you don't change your fuel with the increased CR you could spark knock (pre detonation) and kill your motor. In order to get more out of your pipes you need to get more air and fuel into your engine, so look at bigger carbs (or at least bigger jets), air box mods, porting and polishing (and if you do all of this don't forget your oil injection, if you increase everything else you will need to increase your oil injection rate).[/b]
yes i know eveything you just told me i alredy ported and polishedf it and im putting 40mm carbs on and i have filters now and im changing the rotary valve so whatever you are saying i already know i know wut to do with pipes i didn mean thaty it would give my pipes more horse power i ment between that and my pipes i will get more horse powerand im i know .the lowest octain fuel i can fun in my sled is 92 octain but im mixing it with race fuel...and i have race pipes not stock pipes and i know it increases the compression thats the whole point of planing the heasds

1 - 20 of 21 Posts