Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you HCS living in CT or Mass shark cycle is having a 50% off sale on anything that does not have a motor. Belts, oil, plugs, clothing whatever he has in stock 50% off. I paid 22.00 a gallon for Polaris ves gold, bought two cases. As of yesterday he had close to 30 cases left.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
While you were there, did you ask what happened?

I've heard rumors that the owner was selling stolen parts again. But I can't believe he would have been that stupid to go down this road again since he was busted the first time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just that he is being investigated for fraud. When I was there the place was a ghost town, every manufacture had pulled their inventory out.
:snack:

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,656 Posts
Doesn't sound like a place I want to deal with.

·
Registered
40,053 Posts
I've had friends that bought sleds from him and got great deals and service. Personally i've never dealt with them, always thought something about them was not totally on the level.

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
I hope this thread is based on facts vs he said / she said kinda deal.
Facts are that you could get smoking deals on new sleds and great money on trade ins. He has already been to jail for selling stolen parts, and he is currently being investigated for fraud.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
you do realize that purchasing or receiving stolen property is a crime?

you can be arrested for this. i would avoid this place like the plague if this is true?

why people buy for the cheapest price from people they don't know just blows my mind. buy from a reparable company that stands behind the stuff they sell.

i see people get burned every day from e-bay etc. don't buy used shit from e-bay. it's a gamble at best. and alot of stuff like drive belts are seconds? you might get lucky you might not?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I bought 2 brand new sleds from Shark over the years. Best price hands down. I shopped everywhere from New York to Maine, and it wasn't just a hundred or two, It was over a grand. No problems, great deal, great service. To bad there done

·
Registered
40,053 Posts
you do realize that purchasing or receiving stolen property is a crime?

you can be arrested for this. i would avoid this place like the plague if this is true?

why people buy for the cheapest price from people they don't know just blows my mind. buy from a reparable company that stands behind the stuff they sell.

i see people get burned every day from e-bay etc. don't buy used shit from e-bay. it's a gamble at best. and alot of stuff like drive belts are seconds? you might get lucky you might not?
Depends on what you buy and the seller's rating on ebay. I've had very good results buying electronic parts and equipment from sellers on ebay whether new stuff or used. Long as you know exactly what your buying, its all been good. If its too good a price or they accept a bid on a fairly common part thats too low, a red flag should go up that your taking a gamble.

·
Registered
40,053 Posts
I bought 2 brand new sleds from Shark over the years. Best price hands down. I shopped everywhere from New York to Maine, and it wasn't just a hundred or two, It was over a grand. No problems, great deal, great service. To bad there done
Yeah, heard the same thing from guys i have ridden with. Its gotta make you think though.

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
Yeah, heard the same thing from guys i have ridden with. Its gotta make you think though.
I bought a bunch of sleds through them. I tried to buy from northern dealers that treated me well on some emergency warranty stuff, or just dealers that were good people. but the price difference was just too much, especially when buying a number of sleds.
and I'm talking several thousand cheaper, not hundreds. hard to pass that up

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hes a Crook! Buddy bought a sled from him, lived out of state. He charged him tax on bill after he sent him the check, then would only give the money back in store credit on the same day, a couple hrs later. Then wouldn't let the guy leave with sled, even tho his license was from Out of state, car registration, ect,ect. Charged him $400 to deliver it over the line in Mass. Sounds like a great place to buy from!?? Haha
Serves the A**hole right that hes being pegged for fraud! Wonder if my buddys complaint to State caused this? Along with the same story from guys from Mass buying from him.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I bought a bunch of sleds through them. I tried to buy from northern dealers that treated me well on some emergency warranty stuff, or just dealers that were good people. but the price difference was just too much, especially when buying a number of sleds.
and I'm talking several thousand cheaper, not hundreds. hard to pass that up
I called him last day of snowcheck in 14 for a 15Axys sled. He was no deal! He was 100$ difference then the place 20mins away from me, and they talked to me like i wasn't gonna buy a sled. I driving 3hrs away from him for 800 less and no tax. He only gave deals on floor models he couldn't sell to people who knew what they were getting

·
Registered
40,053 Posts
I called him last day of snowcheck in 14 for a 15Axys sled. He was no deal! He was 100$ difference then the place 20mins away from me, and they talked to me like i wasn't gonna buy a sled. I driving 3hrs away from him for 800 less and no tax. He only gave deals on floor models he couldn't sell to people who knew what they were getting
Well, as far as selling floor models, i wouldn't have any problem with buying one if a good deal or not so, unless its a used sled with some time on it or a limited model thats hard to get. I knew a dealer like that taking perfectly new sleds out of the crate, setting them up for his shops use in grass drags and then selling them as floor models that were brand new....he never would hook up the odo.:wall: Some of those sleds had a few runs on them and ingested plenty of dirt and dust.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Found this online. Apparently it's not the first time. Spent some time in jail back in 2006.

Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:15 pm
By Zachary F. Vasile
Journal Inquirer | 0 comments
STAFFORD — State police conducted an investigation into possible fraud activity at a local motorcycle shop Wednesday, according to information provided by Trooper 1st Class Kelly Grant.
Police executed a search-and-seizure warrant at the business at 11 Willington Ave., according to a criminal information summary released by Troop C.
There were no arrests as of early today.
State police from the Eastern District Major Crime Squad, as well as computer crime and auto theft investigators, joined troopers from Troop C in executing the warrant, according to Grant.
Shark Cycle’s website lists its owner as Bob Charland.
State police charged Charland in 2006 with third-degree larceny and mutilated or removed motor-vehicle identification numbers.
He later pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of fourth-degree larceny in Vernon Superior Court and was given a suspended one-year sentence and 18 months of probation, according to state judicial records.
The criminal information summary for Wednesday’s search lists Polaris Industries of Medina, Minnesota, as a victim.
According to its website, Polaris designs, manufactures, and markets off-road and all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and commercial and government vehicles.
Representatives of Polaris could not be reached for comment early today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts