Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
They are amazing. I have 9" inch Carbides with 1" track and 153 1.175" Megabites. I would definitely go 9". I thought it would be very hard to turn, but it is the lighest turning, sharpest carving front end I have ever tried. They are worth the money and absolutely transform the sled, no push at all. Make sure your toe-in/out is set correctly though as it will oversteer severely if the ski's are towed in at all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Morrisond,
How do you like the 1.175 Megabites? Did you use the angled backers? Who's pattern? I'm planning on 144/153 Woody's double digger pattern with angled backers and 7.5" Shapers.

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree with morrisond, shapers work awsome! 7.5" w/170 studs in 1" track and I have no push whatsoever. Also, after 200 miles in poor conditions the bars look new.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Catfish, 1.175" Work great, good hookup. I'm just using large Woody's round aluminum backers, 3 per bar, done by hand in a random patern, between the rails. My dealer talked me in to the random patern last year(it's not that random, it's planned but no guide is used so theoretically the studs don't line up and you get more scratch lines).

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just ordered 71/2" Shaper from www.mcbperformance.com for $69 + $15 2nd day air. I checked everywhere else and nobody had in stock. I was prepared to pay $89 +shipping. I've got 153 1.45" studs waiting to go on as soon as the bars come in. 102 are double backer and 51 are single. Not sure what pattern to use yet. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts