Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an F7 Sno-Pro with a 1" track (I swapped it), and 153 1.175" Woody's Megabites. It was terrible with the stock carbides. But I just put on 9" Carbide Shaper bars. The thing now turns on a dime, steering effort is low. It's actually scary how well it turns. The sled can suddenly oversteer on packed roads, so I'll probably have to introduce some understeer by towing out the ski's. This is the most responsive front end I have tried, and the easiest to steer. The Shaper Bars are definitely worth the money!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
glad to here that, i picked up a set 2 weeks ago, was planning on
putting on tomorrow, now i wont have to worry if theyll work. B)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've got 6" Trailblazer IV 's on right now and it still pushes. I'm putting my studs on this week so I might have to go up a inch or three.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Please keep us posted as to how these new Shaper bars are working -- especially if you have/had a chance to directly compare them to a more conventional set of wear bars. Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
485 Posts
B) I had read in Snow tech at some point that those shaper wear bars work great on the f-cats , I'll be using them when I burn the stock set down. I've noticed the handlig of the sled (cornering) really sharpened up when the sled was ridden on hard pack as compared to turning in the fluff. My only concern at this point is going into a hard pack corner a bit too hot and one ski going into the loose stuff, that might look to pretty :unsure:

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
What have I been telling you guys. Nothing will eliminate the Firecat push but the Shapers will help more than anything else.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Running 6 inch shapers on my sno pro, haven't run em yet..

·
Registered
148 Posts
im running 9 inch shapers on my f7 snopro with 102 studs i love them turns on a dime very little darting compared to normal carbides, i have 210 miles on them and love them...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody have a good source for the shapers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is absolutley zero push with studs and the 1" track with 9" shapers, it may be different with the 1.375" track though. It's scary how well the front end works with these carbides.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I got mine through my dealer who ordered them from parts unlimited. They dont charge freight plus my dealer gave me a discount on my 6 inch shapers. Not running any studs on my 1.375 track so I wanted to see how the 6 inch handles her...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Anyone running the 7 1/2 shapers with SnoPro Lugs and studs.
I thought that 9 inch might be a bit much, but maybe not...............

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Sounds like the 9" is the way to go! I will have to test mine out when we get some snow! I have the stock 4", 6", and 8" carbides waiting to hit the trails! Come on snow!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
what effect if any, does the 9 inch shapers have in powder? I still like busting off trail, and don't want to completely relegate my sled to trail only.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by actionfigurejoe@Dec 10 2002, 08:28 PM
What have I been telling you guys. Nothing will eliminate the Firecat push but the Shapers will help more than anything else.
I disagree, I am running C&A's with 8" of carbide and have no push, as do many others.

Why do you say that you can't eliminate the push??

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I think the push is created by the factory 4" carbides. DO us all a favor and thrown them in the garbage before you even hit the trails!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts