Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am rebuilding my motor and i am adding some parts. just wondering if this is a good setup and/or if anything should be changed.
Clutch- red/black 140-240 Secondary
silver 165-344 primary
62g weight
66-44-42-ER 70-46-42-ER Helix
24-41 gearing
v-force 3 reeds
jet??
i dont have a complete pipe just a mpbr silencer, slp torque arm and push arm. so jw if that is a good setup or not and what jetting i should run. i ride mostly in southeastern, wi so temps arnt the coldest. thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am rebuilding my motor and i am adding some parts. just wondering if this is a good setup and/or if anything should be changed.
Clutch- red/black 140-240 Secondary
silver 165-344 primary
62g weight
66-44-42-ER 70-46-42-ER Helix
24-41 gearing
v-force 3 reeds
jet??
i dont have a complete pipe just a mpbr silencer, slp torque arm and push arm. so jw if that is a good setup or not and what jetting i should run. i ride mostly in southeastern, wi so temps arnt the coldest. thanks[/b]
what would the almond spring be for a team spring? so if i go 66 wieghts and 140-240 secondary spring should be ok.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
The almond/blue spring is a primary clutch spring. It has less initial and finish rate. It is 150/310. That helix and secondary spring should work fine.

Let some other 700 owner's confirm this setup will work good, this is just what i remember other's recommending.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
less spring in the primary , like 140-320 and 64 grams with the helix in the 66* track. 430 main jets are good with a stock air box and a slp pipe down to about -5 maybe -10 at sealevel just dont hammer it long distances if its cold . If you dont have a big lug track that studded a 165# primary spring is just going to blow the snow out from under the track to easy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now i have a 1" track with 144 studs and im getting a 1 1/4 with 144 studs. i have a slp airbox. forgot to mension that

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
430 mains are fine on the cold days if you have a slp airbox with the shelf removed. Its a very good idea to run prefilters to keep the snow dust out of the carbs , they just cover the stock foam and check the seal around the head light. clutching you may find that it will pull the steep track but I found with a 136 the motor responds better with a shallow angle.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I think xc-mark has it covered.
sounds like a good setup....should be at 7900-8000 with that. I would keep the helix at the shallow angle first. I think you will like it better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think xc-mark has it covered.
sounds like a good setup....should be at 7900-8000 with that. I would keep the helix at the shallow angle first. I think you will like it better.[/b]
i am getting a 24 top gear. will the hyvo gears work with the stock chain right. do i adjust the tension or is it an automatic tensioner? never done this before and dont have it apart yet

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Yes all polaris chain cases since 98 have used hyvo gears , 24/41 is a good combo with a 76 link chain (41 tooth bottom is stock and 76 chain is stock) . No its not automatic , you will need to adjust it after the cover is on. To hold the roller in place snug up the bolt against the back of it then put the cover back on , once your done back off the bolt then wind it in finger tight minus 1/4 turn, retightend the check nut. Your chain case will make slightly more noise the with the stock 25 top , that normal any time you add more dog leg at the roller . you need about 12 oz of lube for the case.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes all polaris chain cases since 98 have used hyvo gears , 24/41 is a good combo with a 76 link chain (41 tooth bottom is stock and 76 chain is stock) . No its not automatic , you will need to adjust it after the cover is on. To hold the roller in place snug up the bolt against the back of it then put the cover back on , once your done back off the bolt then wind it in finger tight minus 1/4 turn, retightend the check nut. Your chain case will make slightly more noise the with the stock 25 top , that normal any time you add more dog leg at the roller . you need about 12 oz of lube for the case.[/b]

thanks. just coup more questions i supposivly need a almond/blue spring. what color is that for a team sring i am keeping the tss 98 clutch, so just wondering what color that is in a team prim. thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks. just coup more questions i supposivly need a almond/blue spring. what color is that for a team sring i am keeping the tss 98 clutch, so just wondering what color that is in a team prim. thanks[/b]

i found the color it is a blue. so this is what i got.

i have a 121 1 1/4 inch ripsaw with 144 studs stock 440 jetting with tempaflow slp airbox, prefilters, 24/41 gearing,v force reeds, push and torque arm, clutching is stock clutch, 150-310 prim, 140-240 sec, 3 del washers, 66g, 66-44-42 ER 70-46-42 ER helix in shallow. from all the research this pretty much sums it up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts