Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a nice 10 pound weight to hang from my track and I was wondering if anyone has a simple home-built weight or method of setting the tension?

Also in regards to track tension... is there advantages to changing the tension to suit either tral or off trail. I spend 75% of the time playing on trails and hardpack... but every couple weeks the boys get together and head out for the deep stuff... should I be making adjustments to the track tension for the mountains?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Track tension has a major effect on top speed. I run mine as loose as I can without ratcheting and if you run a 2" paddle or alot of studs you'll find it pretty easy with the stock rear wheels. I found that a TCP big wheel kit with 4 wheels keeps things tight on both drivers (switchbacks and rmk only have two) and you can run your track with a little less tension. Taking some material off the drivers (like the 02' RMK's) so snow doesn't pack on them when running in the powder lets you run less tension also with out ratcheting, both of these little details = more track speed on and off the trail.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok ... sounds like I have a little experimenting to do to figure it out then. I back it off till it skips and snug back up a little.
On a side note, I got my MBRP can bolted on today... love the bark

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you want to adjust it to spec just use an ice cream pail full of water as a weight. One UK gallon or 4.55 liters weighs 10 lbs. That's what I did. It was the only thing I had around at the time that I knew was an accurate 10 lbs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks, ice cream pails are easy enough to find, and will be easy to hang from the track. I'll go set it up tonight and see how far off I was... I have a feeling I have it set too tight at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.