Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 zl600 efi esr with 600 miles....servomotor assy fails causing limp home mode in the cpu, a bog like you read about and 7 mpg to boot....servo problem unknown at this point...buy new unit from cat...almost 300 bucks !! replace it now alls fine in snow land back to 14 mpg...blow the old servomotor assy apart to check it out...motor works fine when 12 volts is applied to it but testing the internal potentiometer ( speed pot to some variable resistor to others ) i find an open in the windings...so knowing i cant buy this part from cat i go hunting to find this part...specs says it should be good for at least 2 million cycles ( made by tocos of japan ) e mail them for help...they tell me this is a special oem part installed in the servomotor assy built by kokusan ( also of japan )..i e mail kokusan directly and fail to get any response whatsoever ( unusual for a japanese company when you go after a quality of the product issue with them ...i work for fujifilm i know ) any way to make a long story shorter than i could be..if anyone knows how i can get this 5 dollar part to renew a 300 dollar assy id greatly appreciate it...oh and for what its worth when your cpu flashes a 6 trouble code its the servomotor...steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by FIRECAT_F9@Jan 14 2003, 11:53 PM
no you gotta get the whole  motor
oh that was helpful :wacko: i already did that i just want to fix this so i or a buddy may have a spare without going into debt for 300 bucks again !! oh well ill keep trying to shame the japanese into replacing it....im not done yet...steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Baart@Jan 16 2003, 12:58 PM
How do I check the trouble code on my 02 ZR 600 EFI? Its got an issue at the moment might be the same thing.
you remove the 4 screws holding down the cpu and there is an led under there that will flash a code if you have a problem...if alls fine with all the sensors it will only flash once when you start it...let us know what you find...steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
an update....in touch with tocos who makes the pot in the servomotor assy ...they are going to quote me on 20 pcs of this thing...anyone else out here that might be needing one??? steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone out there got a bad servomotor assy??? chances are a pot that costs $ 7.50 will fix it...want one? or would you like to pay about $300 for a new unit?? if i get a good response ill buy them from japan....steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok one more try at this and im done.... anyone have a servomotor assy theyd like repaired?? 100 bucks tested and good to run is gonna be the going price...any takers??? if i get good response ill buy the pots and rebuild these things for anyone who wants one...steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts