Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why the servo motor opens the power valves at approx. 2700 for a second when you first start the engine on a 03 f5 ,is this to show it is operating properly? on a jack stand you really have to wind it up to make them open again is this all normal?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Should be normal.

·
Registered
647 Posts
On an F5 right after start-up; 1X = good.....3X = fault

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,819 Posts
How come this only does this on a F5?. My F7 does not do this at start up, but will open them up at the correct RPM.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't know why, but that's the way it is!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
How come this only does this on a F5?. My F7 does not do this at start up, but will open them up at the correct RPM.[/b]
Only the sleds with carbs do that it´s the same with F7 carb, thats what i have been told... And if you turn the servo wheel when the sled is off and then start it, the servo turns the wheel back to the neutral point

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is for the 2005 models:

NOTE: On carbureted models, the servo will
cycle once each time the engine is started. If the
servo cycles three times and then quits, the cable
lengths are incorrect and must be adjusted.

NOTE: On EFI models, the servo will cycle once
at 7100 RPM. If the servo cycles three times, cable
length adjustment or valve inspection is required.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
That isnt true zrtcat99.. Mine does not cycle at startup, but cycles at the correct RPM.. Its a 2005 f7 carb.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That is from the service manual, I didn't make it up.[/b]
I'm not going to argue with you that that is what the manual says, HOWEVER, we've seen before where the manual has some information wrong, I'm not BS-ing you ;).

For example? My owner's manual says that my Max RPM display will reset itself every time the sled is shut-off and re-started. True?? Nope! I have to hold down the button to display the Max RPM, and then press and hold the other button for a couple seconds until the Max RPM resets. Sometimes the book gets things wrong, and/or details from one model/year to the next change, ie: maybe what the book says is true for F5's, but not F7's.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
That is from the service manual, I didn't make it up.[/b]
Oh i believe you!! Its just not the same as what the manual says!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts