Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got an 02 ZR600EFICC that I am getting a ‘surging’ going on between say 6100 to 7000 rpms when just cruising down the trail. It almost is like a governor, you can feel the sled pull and let up, pull and let up. I do not see the tach go up and down much at all. When opened wide open it seems to run pretty true. Compression is good 125+ both sides. No ECU codes.

Leading me to the servo. It seems to be functioning properly, cables adjusted, valves are clean. With the back of the sled up and you open it up above 7000 the servo trips. Now it does not ‘stay’ open if I remember right, I believe it opens and closes right away-is this correct?? And then when it idles down it trips. The dealer said this was OK. ???

I went out and double checked tonight. It will open and close once early about 6200, then if gradual up to 64-6500 it will open and the engine will faulter a little and close, and do the same thing on up till about 7-7200 when it opens up and stays open. Sort of wants to miss a little too.

Does this sound like a stator or a servo going bad and taking too much juice causing the engine to faulter (I don'e even want to mention CPU!!)

Do you have any other ideas?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas here? Changed external coil with my other sled and same thing.(that is about all that is interchangable). Sort of gave in and took to the dealer. Scanned with analyzer and NOTHING. But it does not plug in while running which I did not like. Now going to check all coil, stators and windings etc. ???? HELP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.