Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know wether my 02 zl 600 efi should cycle when started and the throttle blipped like my 03 900. It doesn't , so is there a problem ?? What can I check ?? :beerchug:

·
Registered
444 Posts
The EFI sleds use rectified dc from the ac coils so they only cycle when
the set "open" rpm is reached. I have to clean the 600 "round style"
APV often and watch the cable ends for wear. All in all the rounds suck
compared to the flats. At 4000 miles cables and pins have been replaced.
The rounds take alot of maintance to keep working right. The flats are
much better. Book says 7250 rpm on the way up at wot. When they stick
the sled goes into reduced rpm mode. About 6400 rpm. The red light under
the ecm flashes. I just take the sled for a little grass ride. If it revs its good
if not time for work. WHEN IN DOUBT "CLEAN" The carbs are different in
that they cycle on start up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, glad thats the deal I was worried that they were F*#KED !! :banana:

·
Registered
659 Posts
mine only cycle at the chosen rpm...as far as cleaning them i do it once a yr...ive tried torco, golden spectro and amsoil so far....amsoil doesnt seem to gather the same hard carbons as the other two oils and its a lot easier to clean them up using it....ive had no wearing of the pins or have i replaced either one of the cables yet...i do lube the cables with turbine oil though maybe that helps....steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was thinking the same thing with my 02 600 efi, the servo motor did not move.

My experiment with Amsoil was good. I cleaned the valves in less than an hour, that includes disassembly and assembly. Anti-sieze along with the right tools helped. Does anyone recall the cable length, I could not find my notes.

Any harm in not installing the servo motor cover? I left mine off.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for leaving your cover off, just buy an 04 and up cover. They are clear. $5.00 or something like that. The length of the cables as listed in my service manual is 32.1-34.1mm with ideal length of 33.1mm or 1.30". Hope this helps!! :beerchug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts