Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that the plastic cover to the servo motor has a spot on top that was melted about the end of your finger and when I checked this evening it's twice the area that is melted. Was woundering if anyone else has experienced this or may know the cause? The way it's going it won't be long before the whole plastic top is melted. as of yet it hasn't affected the motor.... Thought at idle the lights and tac flicker a lot

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
top not the front, right? I woould take the cover off and make sure the servo is working properly.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I wish they would make a clear plastic cover over the servo motor, then you'd be able to see if the cables are still on, or if the motor is working properly.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Who needs the servo cover-Both f5s have had covers off since day 1-2000 miles on one,the other 1000 miles no problems with servo motor-can see every morning or every stop whats going on with my cables-scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took cover off the sevo motor tonight and disconected the cables. I needed to pull the cables out and release them sharply several times before they moved freely. So, maybe it was just the sevo motor overheating trying to open the exhaust valves that caused the plastic cover to melt??? Funny thing is I never noticed a decrease in power. Anyway I'll see if this is really the problem after I've put some more miles on the sled.
Thank You to those who responed to my problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts