Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey kids.....i'm a service manager in nova scotia..i've heard almost every problem with all the firecats.....and dealt with 'em all.....any questions please feel free to post!....good info for me as well!....plus i've all the latest updates and gossip...feel free!!! :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Not Firecat related but perhaps you know and can share the reason why Service Bulletin # 2003-1-28 applies to only the EFI Cross-Country's and not the carbed models. Same shock on both versions.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey Thunder, Have you seen any crank bearing failures in the F7's. Mine went this week. Pistons looked great at 1300 mi. Vibration started at around 1000 mi and gradually became worse to the point that engine Knock developed. Use klotz oil and turned up oil pump at 1000 mi.

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey service guy! how about this? on my '02 4-stroke touring, when braking to a stop in the last 6-feet there is a loud clunk and shake in the drivetrain. The dealer says "that's how they are". I'm thinking possibly i'm collapsing the automatic chain tensioner, allowing too much slack in the chain? Is it due to the characteristics of the 4-stroke engine? It's a really loud uncontrolled on-off braking effect. Can I replace the automatic tensioner with a manual one? is there one?

-THANKS FOR ANY INFO! otherwise I like this sled! It's a "Catallac"! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts