Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( there's alot of chatter about this bulletin. and maybe some misinformation?! there are no parts required, it's an adjustment. there is talk about free oil and $100 gift certificates.if your sled is running lean on oil does it "burn down" or could it run for 1-2000 miles putting premature wear on the motor? I for one am not too happy with a gift certificate in place of a potential bad motor!I've owned over 20 cats since 1969 and it would take alot to make me change brands but this one really bothers me.How about keeping the gifts and extending the warranty?! :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm with ya on this one!!!, $100.00 and a gallon of oil thats not going to fix my sabercat if it burns down out of warranty now is it???

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
After I have my dealer adjust my oil pump setting and look at the cylinders/pistons, I still think a 2 year warranty will be the best thing AC could do. Many of us bleed green for them, they need to give us some support on this issue!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am with everyone on this issue my sled burnt down still waiting for cylinders for over a week and if it is an oil pump issue and it wasn't getting enough oil to the rings that should mean its not getting enough oil to the crank bearings either. So I agree 2 year warranty would be great. It doesn't matter how good your rings are if the crank bearings are junk. G-P

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had seen the bulltein at the dealer when I dropped it off on Saturday, and well, SCREW it. I would take all of the above. Now I get about 110 miles to a tank of oil (thatsa real pissa - normal day ride is 150-200 miles, thats just great) and they should provide a oil caddy for under hood, hmm maybe that is what the $100 bucks is for, and a gallon of oil to go riding for 1 day

Gimme another year (PLEASE....)) It would help with this unsettling feeling I an experiencing :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts