Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST AN IDEA HERE.after reading about roys thoughts about how this site is becoming(bashing and language etc) why not let all brands on here? we have ARCTIC CAT AND POLARIS.why not have ski doo and yamaha have there little forum also.i think it will help everyone out who rides,with ideas,tips,stories and bring us together as a snowmobiling community. yes i own a F7 and arctic cat is my brand.but im also curious about the other brands too! some may think this is stupid or think it's a good idea. :rolleyes: I would like to know how you guys and roy think about this idea. B)

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
well??..........it might keep some of the bashers from
bad mouthing cat's. it might keep them busy on thier
own page, it s obvious every one want's to be here!!
many guys say they hate cats.......but they sure
like to see what we are talking about. B)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any comments? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I ride Ski-doo (putting a flame suit on :) ) but, I don’t see the need for Rob to make a separate forum for other brands. This is an Arctic Cat board and I respect that. I just like to read and learn about snowmobiles in general. I still feel that AC should provide Rob with some form of compensation for his efforts, he knows more about setting up and maintaining snowmobiles then most dealers..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by Spinman@Feb 3 2003, 05:12 PM
I ride Ski-doo (putting a flame suit on :) ) but, I don’t see the need for Rob to make a separate forum for other brands. This is an Arctic Cat board and I respect that. I just like to read and learn about snowmobiles in general. I still feel that AC should provide Rob with some form of compensation for his efforts, he knows more about setting up and maintaining snowmobiles then most dealers..
excellent comment spinman....I agree

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah...nicely said....im sure that money plays a role in how many foums are on the site, i remember a while back he had a vote on which forums were never used... im sure that charging for membership would be an easy solution that has came up a few times, but thats also a hassle...i think keepin it like this would be the most efficient way to run the server...mabe try to get ride of some other forums and get another brand, condense the arcticcat into 2-3 forums?

i love this site tho, thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
If I want to talk about the other three I will go to their forums. Why should Rob go through the time and expense to set up forums for other brands? I thought this was suppossed to be about Firecats? Lets not ask anymore of Rob. Personally I liked the site when it was smaller and more intimate back in the beginning but numbers due bring increased knowledge. Unfortunately they also bring all the negative things with it also. My vote .... leave as is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Personally...I think its fine....I really havent been a member that long...and I havent seen too much bashing going on....and I've been at many other sites...where they have alil forum for each brand and everyone goes and bashes on each other and lots of stuff that shouldnt be said..is.. :wacko: ..so I think this is the best Arctic Cat site....out there...lovin all the info...and at the same time..learning lots of great stuff too....

·
Registered
348 Posts
There are sites for other brands, i.e. dootalk. What make this site unique is the people on it and the interaction between them. This interaction comes from fact that we are HardCoreSledders.com not SundayCruisingwith your motherSledders.com We all have the best sled in common and get so excited about our sleds we just have to tell someone who understands. Of course the only people who do are other Firecat owners, hence the popularity of this site. I don't think this site would work as well for other brands because they just don't create the excitement! :wub: :wub: :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:rolleyes: OK! so opinion so far is to keep this arctic only.that's fine by me. :D so i'll end this post so we can continue to talk about the best dam sled made period :D :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
A decent thought, but I agree that there are plenty of multi-brand sites out there already.
The key to this site is that for the most part, it appeals to a certain mindset towards riding and the type of mission we are looking for from a sled.
Keep Right, Keep it Tight, Let the Others go Somewhere Else to Fight....................................................

Kevin

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
As a Polaris guy that has read this site for information purpose I would like to make a few comments.

Rob deciding to ride a Firecat was a great loss to all Polaris riders. He was as insightful as a Polaris rider as he is as a Firecat rider.

Having said that - What happens if (in a few years) Rob switches brands again? Would you Firecat riders like this site to end as you know it??

I am a Sledder first (Hardcore is questionable) and Brand loyal second. We really need to stop defining ourselves by the brand of sled we ride. I think we could make HARDCORE SLEDDER the best, most informative Snowmobile forum on the net. We just all need to leave the brand bashing and name calling out of it. We are all SNOWMOBILERS and we are an INDANGERED SPECIES!! Lets treat our fellow Sledders with respect and this will continue to be a great forum.

And yes, I would like to see other Brands added to this Board. I also would be willing to help offset the costs of the forum (because I am sure they are growing rapidly). I think the T-Shirts are a great idea. I would like them even more if they were Brand Generic. I am a Hardcore Sledder but I do not ride a Firecat! :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think Rob has enough work on his hands right now (probably more than he originally bargained for). I don't know who his provider is but bandwitdh aint free. We need to let Rob decide what direction he goes with HIS board and stop pressuring him to do what WE want. Just be thankful for all the hard work he does for us. I am sure he doesn't want to spend all of his time monitoring this board and keeping it running. He just might like to get out and RIDE a bit. Give him a break.

my 2c

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
keep in mind we all the same sport, and one of these days it will be very important we all band together, as the tree huggers will not stop their fight against us :angry:
on another note, is'nt half the fun razzing your buddys about the brand they ride if it is different than you?
about ten of us are close buddys and spend all summer long, screwing with each other about, polaris sucks=
arctic cat sucks= ski-doo=suchs and so on and so on!
at thte end of the day we are all still friend and have fun, waiting for snow!
although all ten of have agreed yahmaha doesSUCK!!
untill one of them gets one, then it all start again! :lol: :p

i would never leave a guy stranded just because hes on a yamaha, and i'm sure he would stop to help a cat guy, we all are not that different in interest and personalities, if we were we wouldnt be here!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts