Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Seney is asking for help putting in anew trail, #440 on September 14. They need lots of pole chain saws. I remember talk of a new trail a couple years ago. Does anyone know where this trail is to be located?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
New trail comes off 431 from M77 to resevoir dam rd to sunken lake rd to school street over dogmans bridge (currently being replaced) to Taylor dam rd (over 2nd new bridge) back to 43

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
New trail comes off 431 from M77 to resevoir dam rd to sunken lake rd to school street over dogmans bridge (currently being replaced) to Taylor dam rd (over 2nd new bridge) back to 43
Cool! There have been several nights staying in
Munising that I wish a trail like that existed all the way back to 8, on our way back from the falls. :cry:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that trail will be good for Seney and for the sport but I’ve been riding that area since the 80’s, you could always find fresh powder there. With all the new people being introduced to that area, powder will become more scarce. I guess I’m being an old fart living in the past. Lol think snow.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I know that trail will be good for Seney and for the sport but I’ve been riding that area since the 80’s, you could always find fresh powder there. With all the new people being introduced to that area, powder will become more scarce. I guess I’m being an old fart living in the past. Lol think snow.

I feel the same way. I used to love the area the new trail is going into, been riding there since mid 90's, but over the last 5 years it has become so popular that even my secret spots are getting tracked up :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to see it happen but the U.P. is getting to be like the lower in that you have to be there right after a snow storm to get fresh powder. Throw in GPS ( I still use a compass) and everyone can go cross country.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Bridges are complete. New trail is brushed and signed. Latest news is the club F'd over a private land owner and told him they would re-route the road/driveway to his cabin if he would sign a lease for the new trail on his property. He signed.... they didn't re-route the road/driveway. :(

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bridges are complete. New trail is brushed and signed. Latest news is the club F'd over a private land owner and told him they would re-route the road/driveway to his cabin if he would sign a lease for the new trail on his property. He signed.... they didn't re-route the road/driveway. :(

Oh Boy...

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Was that part of the lease to re-route the driveway? either way if the clubs is screwing him over it will be a short lived trail and I am sure the bridges were not cheap. Maybe a win-win have the trail a year then gone and have the bridges for a long time.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Dispute settled. Landowner moved road with approval from state, county, DNR. Original road was on landowners property and he granted the easement in the 60's. He cut in new easement and road himself with heavy equipment and had it approved. Trail rerouted and approved by SSA and DNR.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I threw the new trail 440 onto a map using my GPS software. Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts