Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burned my sled down lean a couple weeks ago, had to buy 2 renicked cylinders and a new top end set, $875. That was due to the vent line getting pinched off and not getting fuel. When I pulled it apart I saw that the ring on the clutch side had spun around and was catching on the cylinder and that the same piston was nearly cracked right through. Got it put back together drove it 80 miles and this time the mag side cylinder seized. The little 8 mm bolt on the oil line came out and it was spilling oil into the bottom of the belly pan. Now I just purchased a new piston kit, gasket set, and cylinder again. This sled is pissing me off I just about set fire to the fucking thing today. its an 02 zr600 efi with only 3000 miles

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You could have gotten by with out the gasket set, but nothing you can do with the cylinder if the nicasil is gouged. Maybe buy a little tube of blue locktite and reset all your fasteners. Just think, you can't afford to get rid of it now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The chrome was fucked on both the intake and exhaust sides. I MAY have been able to get away without a gasket set again but I don't want to risk it all again over the gaskets. I wont be parting it out as sleds are worth big bucks in Saskatchewan. It is worth about $3500-$4000 here. This sled is not going any where for a while once I get it going here. With the amount of money I have into it now I could have bought an F7. These spark plugs are going to see their 3rd motor this year

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are using the same plugs from the blown engine???

ever think thetre might be some metal on the plugs from the blown engine[/b]
nope..... gave a quick scrape with the wire brush and go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts