Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Castle/HJC Manufacturers Cup Nationals, for the 2 hours of free Practice for the racers. Kirk Hibbert was there with the 04 test sled for SnoX. Has the seat like the ProX and a tank that holds about 3 Gal. The steering shaft was longer and in more of a forward position. The kill switch was on the steering shaft. Looks like Clickers will be in the bag for 04 also. The sled was not Fit and Finished, Foam was hanging out from the seat and the Steering shaft was all wrapped with wires and tape. It had the same 03 Graphics with some SLP Skis.
Kirk was letting some of the top pros test it out and they all had a shit eating grin on there faces.
Kinda Ugly we will see what the finished one looks like.
And for the polaris guys there was a Display 04 ProX 800 R ready to do Battle with the F 7s. Looks Bad A$$.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just to add a little to what you already said...The steering post comes right through where the tach/speedo would normally go. The seat isn't any taller than stock, its just cut shorter, and moved way forward. There is about 6-12" from where the back of the seat to the end of the tunnel. From the people that rode it, "That thing turns like a mother ******!!!". Some of the other sleds to look at would be Olah's mods or Bicknese's mods, very trick.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I really feel sorry for the guys that own 03 Sno Pros.They are going to be worthless if what you say is true.Why do I say this?One reason is it cant be trail ridden without exspensive mods so there goes all the buyers that would use it for trails.Second is Sno-Xer's will see this new sled & if they have a outdated sled they will get the new one not a one year old machine that turns like a tank in some situations.

Gotta say Polaris is really on the ball with the Pro-XR 800, its what a lot of guys have wanted for so long.I mean come on its got it all,real Sno-X chassis,clicker shocks,big lug track,800cc & a warranty.Come on Cat give me a 800cc Sno Pro!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
yes it is still the old polaris 800 engine but, it is in the prox440 chassis with clicker shocks,big lug track,800cc & a warranty. its basically a prox440 with an 800dropped into it, cat should come out with somthing like this.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by Davey_Boy@Feb 21 2003, 11:27 PM
yes it is still the old polaris 800 engine but, it is in the prox440 chassis with clicker shocks,big lug track,800cc & a warranty. its basically a prox440 with an 800dropped into it, cat should come out with somthing like this.
Isn't it called an F7?

·
Registered
773 Posts
No its not called a F7.F7 doesnt have Cross-Link skid,big piston rod shocks,1.5 inch track,CDI timing adjust & a few other bits.What Polaris has done is taken there .X sled & installed a consumer 800cc in it.I want Cat to do the same, install a 800cc in the Sno Pro chassis & give me a one year warranty.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The F7s about was about as close as you are gonna get to a race sled less a stiffer suspension but Polaris also says "The XR receives Walker Evans shocks - valved slightly softer for trail riding"

You give the F7 anymore timing advance in the consumers hands and you are gonna get alot of booms. The Snopro has a 1.375 track, would a 1.5 make much difference, not likely but it would sure burn up some hifax for the flatlanders. As for the hi perf motor and lightweight chassis, again as good as it got last year.

Don't swallow the hype, when the Snopro F7's came out all the editors touted it as super race stiff suspension either. Keep in mkind you are reading Polaris press releases and we have not even seen the 04 Cats yet. Besides a F7 still walks a Poo 8.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
thumper i agree on everything you said, but polaris has the right idea on what they did. They should make the snopro version more like the real snopro though, just like polaris did. Just think wouldnt you want your f7 engine dropped into the 03 snopro? i would tkae that over my f7 snopro anyday, but the only thing is that the snopro 400 doesnt even have clicker shocks but the polaris does, i think cat is kinda lagging behind in the shocks for the 03 racers dont you>?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts