Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the Arctic Cat show for the 2004 sleds. There wasnt a wide selection of sleds there, being that it was in Regina Sask... Anyways, for the Mountain segment, there were a few sleds,a 570-136', 600-144', 900-159', and the KING CAT. The length caught me off guard, a 162', yeah sounds big on paper, but once you see it, it is another totally different thing. The orange actually looked very nice, better than the red 900 MC there.
For the Sabercats, at the show they had a 700 EXT, and a 600(i think) regular. Both were very nice as well, the EXT didnt seem any heavier than the regular Sabercat. The trunk box thingie, was kinda a neat feature, especially when you see some other guy trying to open it while saying how he wouldnt get this sled because of the cheap plastic. All i will say is it fits good, that guy didnt succeed in showing how easily it will open for all the goodies to come out :p.
The Bearcat WT was also present and it astonished me, mainly cause it looked to be the same length as the King Cat with the 4(non turboed) stroke engine. OUCH, I guess it does its job though.
The had 3 Firecats present, minus the hoods of the LE sleds. They had a F7 red standard graphics, with EFI, and Sno Pro suspension. A F7 Carbed, with regular suspension, black standard graphics, and a F6 efi in green standard graphics, with the EXT option. I personally really loved the look of the standard sleds after seeing these. The EXT option is what I would be getting, mainly because after looking/lifting, it doesnt seem to be much of a difference in weight, it also gives you the 1.25" track. The LE hoods they had there were a different story. They had the green Team Arctic, Nightfire, Silver Fighter Pilot, and the black Tiger. First off the Tiger is something else, and not in a good way. The Team Arctic is great for the poser-racer. The Nightfire disappointed me, mainly because if it had been equipped with EXT on the LE sleds, this would have been my choice. On further inspection, it has some weird big circle decals on it, that look homely, which pointed me to the direction of the standard graphics. But the Fighter Pilot was the one that turned my head, it actually looks pretty good up close. A bit drastic for my liking but nice nonetheless.
Now is time for the ZR 900. I didnt mind the graphics when seen on the net. This may make me an outcast seeing as how people hated it. I have a 02 Cross Country and enjoy its appeal very much and wouldnt trade it on the 04, graphics wise, but they arent that bad. They look way better in person, but the aluminum tunnel painted black was a step in the wrong direction for cat, in my opinion. Anyways, the Diamond Drive setup looks very neat and finished in the sled, if it works well this year it will be on upcoming AC's next year. I doubt it works like what some other "expert" said, make the sled go 3 times faster but you never know ;) . I will say there was a few things I was disappointed with, first off the T660 four stroke, the hood looks nice, but the vents look like you could stick your arm in, and I tried and came close, I will not close off my opinion of the T660 with its hood holes, because it is a fourstoke, and a turboed one at that. The rest of the sled is very neat and finished off. I did try and lift the sled, in the front and it actually didnt seem to overally heavy for what it was. I lifted it right after the Firecat so big difference there. The "plumbing" underneath the hood on the T660 looked neat, not just things thrown under the hood, then quickly shut. It is nice for what it is, does it have the quality of the RX-1, in my opinion no, is it as quick, who knows. If it is that would be a major boot to the RX-1 dont you think... Finally, I have one major complaint, the hoods, not just on the T660, but on the firecat as well. I saw so many hoods being shut when they were not straight and so on. It disappoints me when I see Manufacturers bringing out sleds like this with little problems that could have been addressed. Ah well guess that is the way the sled market works. This has just been my .2cents, take it how you want it, I overal enjoyed the show, the sleds impressed me. If I was to choose one sled, it would be the F6-F7 efi with EXT in black standard graphics.

Lucky

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Thanks for your detailed evaluation.Very much appreciate it!!
JIM :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts