Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempting to pull the secondary off the 92 340 and it's rusted seized on the driveshaft. Tried a few good whacks with rubber hammer but to no avail. Any suggestions or experience with getting one of these off a splined shaft?

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i may try putting it on it's side for a few days with some PB blaster. Will have to see if i'm able to get this shaft out without any damage to other components

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Take chaincase apart. Take top gear off, bearing behind clutch and slide clutch with shaft attached out as a unit.

Then you can work at it.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no chain case on this one unfortunately as it's direct drive....that's the issue with this one. 91/92 were DD.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fill me in on the puller, first time i've ever heard of having to use a puller to remove a secondary clutch on a polaris. Was going to tip it on it's side and soak with PB blaster after i take the carbs off

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I doubt it even applies. Yours sounds really stuck. My wifes fusion had the secondary stuck on the shaft. I wrapped a ratchet strap around the back of the clutch. Wrapped the ends of the straps around my hands. With slack in the straps up to my hands I started to yank the crap out with my arms and body. I almost gave up until I noticed it started to actually move. Once off I had to clean the splines on the shaft and in the secondary one by one for it to float again.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The 90’s should still have a keyed shaft. Before putting a lot of effort getting it off, look to see if the key is present. If it’s not present the clutch is fused to the shaft.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts