Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have question the track sims to spin with track on the stand. I have adjusted the belt deflection to 4 still not helping. I have a r-12 helix installed do I need to install more washiers between the sheaves?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Am not too sure what you are saying but it you mean the track is turning with the engine at idle and the track off the ground, that is normal. To get proper deflection, place a straight edge on the belt and push down on the belt between the clutches. Measure the distance bewteen the straight edge and the belt - it should be
1 1/4 inches

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Make sure your running the correct belt, then adjust the sheave distance on the secondary. start at the #1 ... wrap the throttle, so the secondary actually opens, then apply the brake stopping the track. Release the brake and see if spinning. If it is, shut the sled off, loosen the sheave adjuster and move to the next position and try again.

You want to have your track slightly creaping at idle... that's optimal. If you roll through the full adjustment range of your secondary and still have the track run, you may have to go into the primary and add shims, or your secondary adjustment (sheave) is possibly jammed, or froze.

mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts