Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read few saying to get a 06 secondary and some say to just get the 05 one shaved off from like d&d or bikeman. What is the better set-up? Or are they both about the same. I live in canada manitoba so that means I would have to send it out to the states it could take awhile. So just wondering what I Should do because I want every bit I can get out of this 05 sno pro. I went through a lots of belts so far because of the sliping. Top end was about 106 before the gauge kicked out. So just looking for some info on these set ups :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
its too early...

your not going to hear a firm answer either way... but my money is on the 06 upgrade...

either way you will be much better off... :div20:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Oct 14 2005, 06:10 PM
its too early...

your not going to hear a firm answer either way...  but my money is on the 06 upgrade... 

either way you will be much better off...    :div20:

:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930121
[/quote]

:withstupid:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Im goin with the D&D mod..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by flasch7192@Oct 14 2005, 08:28 PM
what  you guys thinck the advantage is gonna be .....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930424
[/quote]

Don't known never even seen a machined secondary on a 05 let alone ride one.. Conversely have not tried the 10.4" one yet either.. But my $ is one the later because that is what I bought... If it turns out to be the modded 05 is the better way to go, I will be the first to send my 10" off to D&D.. Right now you have about a 50/50 shot either way.. Maybe a little better shot with the 05 because you guy's have used them a little.. I for one am banking on (at least right now) that the engineers over at A/C :share_doobie: and BD :drunk: have taken there head out of there asses and looked up to see the light... In about 2 months we will all know for sure either way.... :div20: :imo: :beer2:

·
Premium Member
2022XCR850137 / 2022 SL 850 Boost
6,712 Posts
Originally posted by MzabF7@Oct 14 2005, 07:38 PM
Don't known never even seen a machined secondary on a  05 let alone ride one.. Conversely have not tried the 10.4" one yet either.. But my $ is one the later because that is what I bought... If it turns out to be the modded 05 is the better way to go, I will be the first to send my 10" off to D&D.. Right now you have about a 50/50 shot either way.. Maybe a little better shot with the 05 because you guy's have used them a little.. I for one am banking on (at least right now) that the engineers over at A/C :share_doobie:  and BD :drunk: have taken there head out of there asses and looked up to see the light... In about 2 months we will all know for sure either way.... :div20:      :imo:  :beer2:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930451
[/quote]
K :cn:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Click the "canadian" link on D&D's website. There is a shop in wainwright Alberta that does D&D clutch mods. They gave me a good deal on my 05 ZR secondary and it was still in Canada. Ask for Doug he is the D&D distributor. Haven't got mine back yet to see the difference yet, soon though.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
You can order the 06 sheaves from Brown's leisure. I did.
The problem is the torque washer is on back order. You will also need a LH deflection adjuster.

It's too early to tell what will work. I assume the 10.4 will work better because ot eh extra diameter. It just gives you more ratio to play with.

M2C

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The clutch mod to the 05 in theory gives you approx the same ratio because they machine the sheaves to close in further allowing belt height to ride higher on the secondary acting as if it was a bigger sheave the belt has to go around.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
no, i used to do that with a skidoo belt on my 650 cats, never hurt a thing, actually lowers ratio for better holeshot/smoother acceleration from dead stop

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think the better option is the 06 . If there is a problem then you you would see thaqt on the 06 production sleds and it can be delt with along with them. . whith a cut sheeve. if you have problems ah gonna have to figure it out yourself.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Called Dons (Canadian D&D) today and talked to someone re these updates.
Of course the guy I talked to was his first day on the job and I'm not sure he knew what a secondary is. Anyhow he took down the info and said he would have a tech person call back.
Guess what?
I received a call about 10 mins later from the same guy. He said they do not have the update and they only do the mod. He also says that even if I got the update I would need to exchange my old sheaves. WTF?
Well the website says otherwise and they won't let me talk to a tech sooo.....
I'm not about to mod my secondary w/o some feedback on the effectiveness of this first. I would consider taking a chance and getting updated sheaves since if it does not work I can go back.
Does anyone know how I can get these parts? Please supply link or #s.
Thank You

1 - 20 of 120 Posts