Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...well i am going to ship off my secondary to bikeman to get the mod done...I have never screwed with my clutches at all...is there any special tools I will need to take the secondary clutch off? ...anything I should be cautious of ? ....I dont want any damn springs shooting at me or anything crazy happening when i start to yank this thing off lol...any tips will be greatly appreciated... :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
The secondary clutches just unbolts. The jackshaft and cluch are keyed. Its just a 1/2" bolt that you need to take out. Do you need ot disassemble it? If you do there are three 1/2" nuts you need to take off. Be careful though, this is where stuff can start flying. It should just come apart after that.

Edit: I just saw you had an 05. I believe the secondary clutch for the diamond drive is on a splined shaft. I havn't taken apart a 05 secondary clutch so that I can't help you with.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya it is a 05 with the DD ...and bikeman prefers it to be taken apart...Do I need any special tools? ...or anything to hold the spring or other parts back from flying apart?....or do i just start unscrewing and it is all self explainatory..

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Take the belt diflection ajuster out. Spin the bolt you see in side take it out and the clutch will slide off. I think it is 16mm. Real easy. You can take the cap off the heilx with out any spring flying around too. The spring is held in with the white coller inside the helix. You do or sould use the right tool to take that coller out. There is pressure on the spring but not much not like it is going to take your head off. Putting the sping back in is another story. There is a washer on the back of the secondary.....don't lose it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use a piece of threaded rod and washers to seperate mine. I put the rod through the center and tighten it down. I then take out the six torx bolts in the back and slowly loosen the nut on the threaded rod to let the tension off the spring. I don't take out the white adjuster. I assemble the same way with the threaded rod to pull it together. Mines off a ZR900 but its the same except for the dirty ole spring I got in mine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts