Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, if you could use any secondary clutch on your polaris , what kind would you use and why .

·
Registered
584 Posts
Stick with the button unless you have Electronic reverse. THe Button runs cooler and is faster on the top end. The new Polaris roller is supposed to be as good as the button clutch. Remains to be seen. Currently only supplied on 600 cc and smaller Polaris production machines.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
The P2 works quite well. It backshifts better than the Team and upshifts better also. It has a larger diameter shaft and bearing area which makes it work with less friction and heat. The 3 roller setup is a smoother shifting setup than the 2 in the Team which can cock and twist causing erratic shifting. The helix does not support the moveable part of the secondary. If lake racing is a priority a torsion spring can be used for even more top end. However I have not messed with a torsion spring yet, I may persue this option this winter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just wondering, if you could use any secondary clutch on your polaris , what kind would you use and why .[/b]

If your running an Edge with the keyed shaft run the Hyperlite. I know they don't make them anymore but they are out there for sale and parts are stock Dalton, Culter, Arctic Cat. The best top end and back shifting plus you can run light weights not those huge weights that Polaris and Team clutches are forced to run.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im running my 06 dragon , I was kinda looking for a new project and thought there was maybe a clutch out there that was really good and doesnt fit on a polaris and i was gonna make it fit either by reworking the clutch and or jack shaft .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts