Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this same issue on amsnow.com but want to ensure everyone at least checks there sleds. Last night I decided to reburp my f-7 with the new and improved version making a long story short I wanted to recheck to make sure no oil bubbles when I noticed that my secondary had rubbed a flat spot on my oil line, thank God and I do thank God that I noticed this before "meltdown". Went today and got the oil line fixed from my dealer they did an outstanding job rerouting the oil line and and putting a small spring around the entire line to ensure no more rubs. Looked at other f-7's while I was there none of the other ones looked like this would happen to them however, there is a recall (straight from the dealers mouth) on a electrical line coming out right next to the secondary I would recommend everyone check there f-7's next to the secondary and see if there is any possibility of anything rubbing when it is open all the way. The tell tale sign to this electrical malfunction is irregularity in the tach, don't know exactly what but I believe it was jumping all over the place. My dealer ordered 20 of the new pull cord "fixes" but he believes it is simply a button or something they are putting in the dash. Sounds stupid and won't fix the problem will update when I see it. Anyone else no of something different?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I rode my F7 today for the 1st time. 25mi, and noticed oil all over the left running board. Secondary severed oil line. Must have hapened on my way back to the trailler. No damage. The last run to the trailler I ran it past 1/2 throttle which must have opened the secondary far enough to hit the line.

How do you bleed an oil line?? I will splice a new piece in myself..

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was looking the oil line over on mine and it doesnt rub anywhere, but if you blow a belt it could be a problem. they should have a different routing or have it run thru a steel tube behind the clutch for protection.It looks like the easiest way to get at the oil pump is to take off the bottom pan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by norm2693@Dec 5 2002, 05:51 PM
Went today and got the oil line fixed from my dealer they did an outstanding job rerouting the oil line and and putting a small spring around the entire line to ensure no more rubs....

...there is a recall (straight from the dealers mouth) on a electrical line coming out right next to the secondary I would recommend everyone check there f-7's next to the secondary and see if there is any possibility of anything rubbing when it is open all the way. The tell tale sign to this electrical malfunction is irregularity in the tach.....
Very interesting post. Can you explain in more detail (or post a picture) what your dealer did to the oil line?

Also, thanks for the update on the electrical line causing Tach problems as it pertains to rubbing on the driven clutch. This is new news to me, I've only heard of the coil issue causing this. (For those interested in the known coil issue: You're supposed to remove the coil from against the rightside bulkhead [it's held on by two zipties] and relocate it by ziptying the coil to the coolant hose just behind the motor with the spark plug leads pointing DOWN and the small electrical leads pointing up. This also is supposed to keep the tach from jumping around giving false readings. This was discussed in Race School last month.) Only do this though if your tach is malfunctioning, it's a real pain in the a$$ and I would make your dealer do it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Catastrophic it is true about the removal of the belly pan dealer tipped on side and rerouted with pan off. Make sure you purge all oil bubbles, my dealer had the bleeder screw out for about five minutes that did not do the job finally jacked up rear end for 10 minutes still didn't purge the bubble finally took of the line right next to the fitting by the secondary and waited for it to bleed out with the back end still jacked up oil should come out of the plastic fitting when you do this, I also added some more oil to my gas to ensure that if we didn't catch any bubbles that hopefully the oil in the gas would ensure no problems.

Fireman I will e-mail you the pictures I took can't figure out how to attach them to this post. Maybe someone could explain how to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts