Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode today for about 3 hours, it was 50 degrees here in Hew Hampshire, and the sled rode fine till about the end. I have a 04 F7 with 2200 miles on it btw. I was in a big field of powder and was laying it over and cranking around with the throttle wide open and a few times the sled would start to bog a little bit when i was coming around the corner with it layed over. Thought that was slightly odd but it was also 50 degrees so I thought maybe it was just not running so well because of the warm air. Well when i got back to the truck and went to load it up onto the trailer. There was a bunch of glare ice where the trailer was and I had to spin up the track pretty fast to get moving enough to get the sled onto the trailers traction grabbers. When the sled made it to the traction grabbers I let off the throttle so it didnt drive into the other side. Well after I stopped and tried to move again the sled made a god awful noise and didnt move. So I let off and tried again. Same thing. So i lifted the hood and looked at the clutches. What I noticed was when you would wind up the engine the primary would come in and try to grab the belt But the belt was loose. So looking at the secondary the belt was stuck about 1/2 an inch down into the secondary causing the belt to be very loose. So my question is, do you think that when I wound up the engine and spun the track to get it onto the trailer that the secondary was moving fast enough to open up and when it hit the traction grabbers and i stopped quick the belt got stuck down in the secondary and the bog from the powder was just caused by the warm air or do you think that the secondary had been sticking open a bit all day and thats why i had that bog when doing the corners in the powder and the noise going into the trailer? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Yes and yes. IF you put your sleds rear in the air and hit the flipper then grab the brake you can get the belt to stick down in the secondary now if you were on a hill it would be like starting in second gear with very bad belt deflection. YOu would get a bang bang bang out of the belt. In the field you may have been feeling snow in the beak or the same thing just poor back shift.

No worries the sled if fine. Just look for chunks out of the side of the belt from trying to start in second gear on the ramps. IF you had let the sled idle and just picked the rear of the sled in the air for a few seconds it would have let the belt come back to the top and started in first gear.

No chunks out of the belt just drive her and have fun.

Don.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i don't know how sharp or which way or how much powder there was but one possibilty with the bog cornering is your exaust outlet could be blocked off by the soft snow if you were turning to the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts