Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see people saying the ergonomics and rider up of the Crossfire is much better than the Firecat.

What is the big difference between say an 05' F6 EXT and an 06' Crossfire that makes it so much more comfortable? I understand they are different chassis, but are they really that different in seating position?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd say the bars are more forward, the gas tank is not smashing your nuts and you are right over the pivot point of the sled when slid up forward, that being said, you can also slide back on the sled and get it "ride" like a firecat, I had an F7ext in 04, (risers, shock upgrades, etc, etc,) loved that sled, but I love the XF even more.... and after just riding the new F series.. I think I will keep this sled a long time... just not the same to me, and I can't get used to that over the nose feeling. If I want to be on the "skis" I'll go get some K2's and find a good hill... lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I think the x-fire allows you to stand taller, yet you are still as comfortable sitting... I think it feels a little more natural when jumping or stand-up riding, which is all I do...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think the x-fire allows you to stand taller, yet you are still as comfortable sitting... I think it feels a little more natural when jumping or stand-up riding, which is all I do...[/b]
I am coming off a Rev, which is a rider forward position. UNKnXFIRE said this is a rider forward...so I could assume it would be similar?

I can't find Rev in my price range, but I have a change to buy a 05 F6 EXT (4000 miles) for $3500 for a 06 XF6 for $4500 (900 miles).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go for the Cross Fire, Just bought one this year, and I absolutely love it. Went for a 110 mile ride the other day, and i wasn't sore at all like I would usually get on my other sleds. I have the sno pro edition and I just can't get over how much of a difference there is between my other sleds and this one.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The seated position of the crossfire isn't exactly like the Rev, it's more like the Rev XP. You sit in a comfortable upright position with your feet directly below your knees, as opposed to having your feet behind your knees like on the Rev. I find the seated position of the crossfire to be much more comfortable than the Rev.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The seated position of the crossfire isn't exactly like the Rev, it's more like the Rev XP. You sit in a comfortable upright position with your feet directly below your knees, as opposed to having your feet behind your knees like on the Rev. I find the seated position of the crossfire to be much more comfortable than the Rev.[/b]
Yep, the seating position of a Crossfire is much more comfortable than the original Rev (especially if you are tall). Ride quality is quite similar to the Rev Renegade that I rode, but better than a short track Rev. I rode a new Rev XP a couple of weeks ago (short track), and the riding position is greatly improved, but it still does not ride nearly as nice as the longer Crossfire. I think that's probably more from the way that Doo is calibrating them, than from the actual design. They are using very stiff seats, springs, and shocks, which gives it a harsh ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts