Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here to see if there were any posts in the past on how to remove the seat cushion from the gas tank on a ZL. I want to have it professionally re-upholstered. Do any of you guys know how it is attached? Thanks, Catillac :dunno:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Jordan 123 is right. The seat cover is stapled to the base which is all one molded piece with the gas tank. The bolts actually fasten the front base plate, which is between the front of the seat and the gas tank, to the main seat base. Then, when all the staples are out and the bolts, the seat will come off with just that smaller support plate that goes around tank, and there is more staples in that you have to take out to actually get the seat cover off!! Confused yet? Once you see how it comes apart it's not too bad, but getting it back together is a little tricky. :div20:

·
Registered
635 Posts
If yours is the same style seat/fuel tank attached,you'll need to remove the fuel tank and seat as one.Drain the fuel,remove the tail light assembly and fuel pump if shipping.Most dealers know someone capable of installing a new seat cover.I UPS'd mine to a dealer and it came back like new.IMO,I wouldn't try stapling a new cover back on the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts